Metropolitan Railway E Class - Met No.1

rapidoandy

• RMweb Premium
On 15/01/2024 at 13:53, Erixtar1992 said:

Ooh very nice! Be good to see that combo. 
which one did you go for?

L48, the brake van is from a Radley kit, the other wagons are repainted and re-lettered R-T-R. London Transport engineering stock was pretty drab in all-over grey with only the brake van ends painted red.

Edited by PhilJ W

34 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

L49, the brake van is from a Radley kit, the other wagons are repainted and re-lettered R-T-R. London Transport engineering stock was pretty drab in all-over grey with only the brake van ends painted red.

You may need another brake van, most formations had one at each end......SE Finescale for a white metal one (and a ballast wagon), RT Models for an etched one......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, Jeff Smith said:

You may need another brake van, most formations had one at each end......SE Finescale for a white metal one (and a ballast wagon), RT Models for an etched one......

I have the Radley kit of the ballast brake van in the stash, I suppose I'd better start building it.

15 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

L49, the brake van is from a Radley kit, the other wagons are repainted and re-lettered R-T-R. London Transport engineering stock was pretty drab in all-over grey with only the brake van ends painted red.

Ah L48 you mean i take it? 
yeah it is pretty dull hey. Lucky they gave us a flash of red on the brake vans as you say haha.

ive got 4 LU flat wagons myself that i need to do some work to so they run reliably

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Erixtar1992 said:

Ah L48 you mean i take it? 
yeah it is pretty dull hey. Lucky they gave us a flash of red on the brake vans as you say haha.

ive got 4 LU flat wagons myself that i need to do some work to so they run reliably

Thanks, I meant L49, post duly amended.

On 15/01/2024 at 00:10, Erixtar1992 said:

Hopefully Rapido and CDC dont mind me posting, but CDC are now designing some Dreadnought coaches. These will compliment Met E class locos perfect!

So surely more reason to order a Met 1 right? 
They look to still be available on the Rapido website.

4951850B-74E7-48A6-8D3F-1CC7A08D2B9B.jpeg

Does anybody have experience of running CDC coaches? I see they've been listing RTR Met coaches on Ebay and whilst I've bought loco bodies from CDC before I haven't purchased any coaches. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Venator said:

Does anybody have experience of running CDC coaches? I see they've been listing RTR Met coaches on Ebay and whilst I've bought loco bodies from CDC before I haven't purchased any coaches. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Jeff Smith said:

CDC appears to only have 4 wheel coaches listed at present.  Presumably you just pop wheels into these but would probably need to add some weight.

I have the CDC match truck (for the Sentinel diesel) and it comes ready finished with wheels and NEM pockets fitted, so I assume the coaching stock will be the same.

9 hours ago, Venator said:

They run well, only small issue i have had is the bogie retaining pins are just a press fit and have popped out a couple times, but you could always use a dab of glue.

otherwise brilliant and i look forward to trying them with the Rapido Met1.

11AADD3A-310D-45DE-A9A8-F5E3485C7768.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

So, in building the SEF F Class it has come to my attention that the Metropolitan Railway had square lamp brackets, these were changed to regular ones by LT.  It looks like Rapido has chosen to only fit the LT type for all versions.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Jeff Smith said:

So, in building the SEF F Class it has come to my attention that the Metropolitan Railway had square lamp brackets, these were changed to regular ones by LT.  It looks like Rapido has chosen to only fit the LT type for all versions.

"Standard type" might be a beter description. The old Metropolitan socket brackets were still being used post-war.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Jeff Smith said:

3 hours ago, Jeremy Cumberland said:

"Standard type" might be a beter description. The old Metropolitan socket brackets were still being used post-war.

Don't forget that these locomotives were in service for 60-70 years and over the years many minor alterations would have taken place.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2024 at 18:42, Jeff Smith said:

CDC appears to only have 4 wheel coaches listed at present.  Presumably you just pop wheels into these but would probably need to add some weight.

Currently on their Ebay store they have Chesham and Ashbury coaches listed.

On 21/01/2024 at 02:06, Erixtar1992 said:

They run well, only small issue i have had is the bogie retaining pins are just a press fit and have popped out a couple times, but you could always use a dab of glue.

otherwise brilliant and i look forward to trying them with the Rapido Met1.

11AADD3A-310D-45DE-A9A8-F5E3485C7768.jpeg

Lovely photo and a great advert for them. :)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Rapido staff
8 hours ago, Seaniom said:

I was wondering if there was any news on these beauties?

In the production queue, the factories are returning from Spring Festival at the moment so we should have things moving again soon.

Edited by RapidoCorbs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
On 20/02/2024 at 18:33, RapidoCorbs said:

In the production queue, the factories are returning from Spring Festival at the moment so we should have things moving again soon.

Any updates please? Getting fidgetty lol

Edited by suburbangorilla
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Rapido staff

It is getting closer. The models are in the paint shop and nearly ready for final assembly. I hope to have more news in a few weeks time. Until then we published a new video today:

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...