Bachmann announcement 23 April

woodenhead

So this is basically an announcement to announce a forthcoming announcement. To make things easier in future, maybe they should do an announcement to announce their future announcement schedule, so that we never have an unexpected announcement.

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Fred Rich said:

I’m wondering whether that’s a big clue. How about a GWR Saint Class including the named loco, St George?

Saint class 2923 Saint George although highly unlikely from Bachmann as they mostly never received BR livery .

• Like 1

To those mocking the announcement of an announcement what you need yo bear in mind is that Bachmann are widening their potential reach because it puts it onto more peoples radars than just one announcement....some people might not know about the offering for days weeks months while us forum followers tend to be fairly quick off the mark on 1st round announcements.....it might tick some off but its doing zero harm.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

Odd timing — on a Sunday. Why won't it keep until the May announcements?

Its the SWAG day at Taunton - obviously a special announcement timed to coincide with the event of the year...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Saint class 2923 Saint George although highly unlikely from Bachmann as they mostly never received BR livery .

Indeed some did,Robin. But in any case,it would have been a task to discern exactly which livery they carried. It was the era of post war grime. There remains one notable exception in my spotting memories. Sometime in IIRC 1954,a friend and I went on a day out to Pontypool Road using The Vale of Neath line ( of blessed memory ). The highlight of the day there was always the visit of a Longsight ( 9A ) LMR loco ….usually a Scot or Rebuilt Patriot…..on a North to West service. It arrived at shortly after 1:00 pm & departed after turning etc. with a corresponding northbound service at about 3:15 pm. The portions from Cardiff and the West were combined at the platform which was long and had crossovers for the purpose. On this particular day,46115 did the honours .She is still going strong on heritage excursions to this day…though apparently failed near  Lockerbie with a hot box on her tender last week.

But there was another highlight that day. The last Saint…or one of the last anyway…in service was 2920 Saint David a Hereford ( 85C ) loco which was something of a “pet” and was turned out in immaculate BR lined ( I think) black with cycling lion on her tender. She duly called that day with a Hereford—Cardiff stopper. Her end was just weeks away.

It is high time someone replicated these beautiful locomotives in 4mm form to release our memories.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1