Ellis Clark Trains & Clark Railworks 4mm OO Quad Arts

• RMweb Gold

Hello Chris

I am very much looking forward to the Quad Arts!😃

Not wishing to add to your workload but will it be possible to have a video of how the coupling works and how they run round second radius curves? I can't get to Warley.

I am sure you have overcome the 'problem' of close-coupling and I am intrigued to see how you have done it.

Many thanks

Brian

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello Chris

Not wishing to add to your workload but will it be possible to have a video of how the coupling works and how they run round second radius curves? I can't get to Warley.

I am sure you have overcome the 'problem' of close-coupling and I am intrigued to see how you have done it.

Many thanks

Brian

Good evening Brian,

When we are back from Warley we will be doing some videos and images of the Quads in use. The full set only landed yesterday so you have beaten me to it but I will make sure we have a video mid next week to show their brilliant design at work.

Chris

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

• RMweb Gold
On 24/11/2023 at 08:43, BMacdermott said:

Hello Chris

Many thanks

Brian

I was shewn this today by their designer and it’s ingenious and rather nice. Not in the market for these but interesting all the same.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Chris-ECT said:

Hi Steve, 

Once the dust has settled this from the weekend I will post a few images up here for you.

Thanks Chris, I will look forward to that!

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

On 21/04/2023 at 17:45, Ellis Clark Trains said:

You can head over to Clark Railworks to place your pre-order.

Can anyone here please put up a link to where the quard arts can be preordered? 

I find the Clark Railworks web page very difficult to navigate and I can't find the quad arts.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 27/11/2023 at 15:07, Chris-ECT said:

Hi Steve, 

Once the dust has settled this from the weekend I will post a few images up here for you.

Yes, please!  Looking forward to seeing what you are able to post!

John S

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Chris-ECT said:

Thank you Steve, we are really proud of these models so far. 

Corridor Artics next Chris? Dear Dave at Southern Pride, used to do an etch. However that's long gone sadly.

The reason I suggest this is that actually got as far west as North Devon and Cornwall in the early 60s. NO idea how but there us photographic evidence.

ER folk will confirm that they were also used at Summer Weekends up in the East Midlands so must have run Empty Stock to and from as well as stuffed to the gunnels, east and west! They would also confirm the Coach Diagrams! 31A knows 'all' about them.

Sincerely,

Phil R.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

They are looking fantastic!
I can't justify a set,

Were these used on the exchange workings , I mean didn't Pendennis Castle pull a set of these from Kings Cross in 1925.😁

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

As much as I would love to Rule 1 them, I can't really fit them on a storage box sized shed layout 😉

As a matter of interest, how are they going to be packaged? Not all connected in one slender long box surely. 

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

Now, if they ever do GE section Quints in the future then I do have an N7 they could sit behind in the display case 😄

As I have 2 kits in the "to do" pile it's pretty much a certainty.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 2 weeks later...