RMweb

RAILS/Dapol New Class 88 in OO

rembrow

Not much use in 1930's GWR land but as I used to see them in pairs, not under the wires in Hartlepool. I will have to have at least one, especially as the second loco below is Dapol's no 7. Don't tell my good lady. She already thinks I am mad.

I hope it does not take two Dapol models to haul one wagon!!!!!

Well done Dapol

Mike Wiltshire

88004Hartlepool.jpg.5f87a341a427fafb00aa58b597cfa545.jpg

Edited by Coach bogie
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, E100 said:

£200 DCC Ready with manual pantograph

£330 Sound with servo pantograph

On a par with the class 89

The only thing I wonder is whether DCC ready has the servo or not. I'd rather fit an ESU decoder, I think in the video they said it was Zimo.

12 minutes ago, Coach bogie said:

Not much use in 1930's GWR land but as I used to see them in pairs, not under the wires in Hartlepool. I will have to have at least one, especially as the second loco below is Dapol's no 7. Don't tell my good lady. She already thinks I am mad.

I hope it does not take two Dapol models to haul one wagon!!!!!

Well done Dapol

Mike Wiltshire

88004Hartlepool.jpg.5f87a341a427fafb00aa58b597cfa545.jpg

Wagon full of depleted Uranium, so very heavy?

L

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Very surprised Dapol didn't take this on themselves and sell a lot more of these to the whole retailer network. Can't see that many modern image modellers wanting to go without especially if it was £20-£30 less.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Rails and Dapol on this announcement. We wish them every success with the project.

The Class entered The 00 Wishlist Poll in 2019 and came in very High Polling and only just outside The Top 50.

When we next ran in 2022, the Class climbed up and went into The Top 50.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 4

Seems logical to develop the 68 into the 88 but as there are only 10 that is probably the logic in only produced for one retail outlet.

Might be feasible that the forthcoming 93 tri mode loco could be similar to the 88 so that could be a further development.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, AMJ said:

Might be feasible that the forthcoming 93 tri mode loco could be similar to the 88 so that could be a further development.

Pretty sure Revolution Trains are covering that. As they are both Stadler it would have made sense.

• Agree 1

• Phil Parker changed the title to RAILS/Dapol New Class 88 in OO
  • RMweb Premium

Excellent . Have been waiting for this one . Will give it some consideration . Shame it’s not Dapol itself as they are very cost effective and their 68 I still think is one of the best diesel locos around . Making it a limited edition just drives the price up unfortunately , although I suppose it may not have been made otherwise . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1