Exclusive NCB wagons from Rapido for BRM/RMweb/World of Railways

AY Mod

15 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

... probably restricted to the North East - even in NCB days.

But one group are identified as "Brodsworth Colliery".  This is just near Doncaster.  I know I am a Southerner (coming from Epsom) but I went to university in Leeds and know that the North East doesn`t start until Teeside.  It is also why I have ordered the No. 1301 Y7 from Rapido as I had a chance to drive it on the Middleton - so I will put theser wagons behind 1310 in its NER livery and th is OK for me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

... probably restricted to the North East - even in NCB days.

North Eastern XX were in internal use at collieries outside Northumberland and Durham, South Yorkshire had some Brodsworh was the last place that had some and is covered by the Accurascale selection.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 21/07/2023 at 12:24, AY Mod said:

Probably so, a lot of 16T minerals of different flavours followed on so I assume they were purchased from BR at some point.

A lot of 16 ton all steel minerals were quite often acquired via third parties, Standard Railway Wagon were buying from BR, refurbished and hired to the NCB. There were 16 ton minerals sold by BR hired to the NCB returned and then hired to ICI for mainline use carrying Soda Ash, with some later going to BSC at Port Talbot as IU’s.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

37 minutes ago, GeoffBird said:

But one group are identified as "Brodsworth Colliery".  This is just near Doncaster.  I know I am a Southerner (coming from Epsom) but I went to university in Leeds and know that the North East doesn`t start until Teeside.  It is also why I have ordered the No. 1301 Y7 from Rapido as I had a chance to drive it on the Middleton - so I will put theser wagons behind 1310 in its NER livery and th is OK for me.

Some of the Brodsworth internals https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brodsworthcolliery

Paul

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, GeoffBird said:

I have given up on trying to order these from Rapido orr World of Railways

Sorry, I thought someone had responded to you on the customer service email but they may not have gotten around to it yet. As Andy Y says we cannot sell these direct to customers, only WoR can sell them.

2 hours ago, GeoffBird said:

But one group are identified as "Brodsworth Colliery".  This is just near Doncaster.  I know I am a Southerner (coming from Epsom) but I went to university in Leeds and know that the North East doesn`t start until Teeside. 

,,, and there is this ex southerner believing living in York he was in the heart of the NER - literally as I live at the center of the housing area they developed in Holgate alongside the gates to their main works and across the railway from their main station. 

And they had a link down to Doncaster, which is where the NERly started. 

https://www.lner.info/co/NER/

Paul

2 hours ago, RapidoCorbs said:

Sorry, I thought someone had responded to you on the customer service email but they may not have gotten around to it yet. As Andy Y says we cannot sell these direct to customers, only WoR can sell them.

Yes.  A World of Railways exclusive manufactured by Rapido.  

I am just hoping that either WoR have more runs of these, or Rapido produce some. 

The four versions must be damn near sold out now ? And there are so many Staffordshire options Andy Y !!!

Edited by Covkid
  • Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Covkid said:

And there are so many Staffordshire options

There are!

8 minutes ago, Covkid said:

just hoping that either WoR have more runs of these

We should have some good news coming.

9 minutes ago, Covkid said:

The four versions must be damn near sold out now ?

They've been very popular, certainly. We're doing some juggling to make sure we can keep as many people happy as possible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

We only launched our NCB Internal User wagons a couple of weeks ago and we’ve been amazed by the popularity plus it has also been interesting to look at which of the products have been the most popular. Far and away the most popular has been the pack of four wagons for £114.99 followed by wagon No. 1 at £29.99 which is unsurprising as that is the style of wagon which was most widely seen around the country plus it’s the most striking one visually. So much so that we’re having to extend the run of that particular wagon to ensure we can meet the demand and balance the availability. As this demand was evident before the deadline we have with Rapido to produce what’s needed it has meant that we’ve been able to adjust the size of the run of Wagon 1 so no-one is disappointed and so that everyone who orders by the 21st August is guaranteed to receive their choice including all those who have already ordered and paid.

This also means that we’ve also been able to agree, thanks to Rapido’s excellent approach to communications and quick responses, production of two further wagons in variations of the ‘large white cross’ style which gives a little more variety and the potential to build up rakes of wagons with the typical variety of these locally-painted wagons. Welcome to Wagons 5 and 6!

rapido_exclusive_wagon_no.5_oo_.webp

rapido_exclusive_wagon_no.6_oo_.webp

Each of the additional wagons are available singly at £29.99 but also as a pair for £57.99. We have also created some other packs of wagons including Wagons 2 and 3 as a pair for £57.99 and an additional ‘large cross’ pack of 4 which includes wagons 1, 4, 5 and 6 for £114.99 and a pack of 3 'large cross' including waons 1,5 and6 for £86.99all this has been possible because of the increased demand so we have our lovely customers to thank for this!

image.png

image.png

We hope you can forgive us for producing slightly more than we ever intended to of one particular wagon but it has helped us make sure we can keep as many modellers happy as possible.

That is all good news but what this also means is that if you have registered your interest for any wagons which may still be available it looks increasingly likely that they may not be available or the choice is restricted. If you have only registered your interest and want to be guaranteed of getting your choices, please place your confirmed order and payment through our shop by 21st August.

Click here to view the full range and order - https://worldofrailways.hooluh.co.uk/wagons

• Like 7

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, JShow said:

Is there any update on their being made available outside the UK?

We're still working on it; we've got the technical bits sorted but discussions yesterday centred around trying to get reasonable prices for tracked and signed delivery - very difficult!

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JShow said:

Your efforts are appreciated!.

Right now it's looking like £12 for EU and £27 for ROW - OK if you're ordering a set of four but prohibitive for a single wagon!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

We can help with that; use the Contact Us form https://worldofrailways.hooluh.co.uk/contact/ with your original order details.

Hello Andy,

Is that process also appropriate if we ordered the initial 4 pack but no wish to have the new 4 pack all with large crosses?

best

Scott.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, scottystitch said:

Is that process also appropriate if we ordered the initial 4 pack but no wish to have the new 4 pack all with large crosses?

Yup, that'll be fine.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Right now it's looking like £12 for EU and £27 for ROW - OK if you're ordering a set of four but prohibitive for a single wagon!

I buy many things from the UK, books, railway items etc and  think that 12.00 GBP per delivery is quite reasonable as most people will want at least a pack of four-  Can you please try and get this sorted by the cut.off date (31-08) so that we too can have a  chance of ordering some.

• Like 1