Exclusive NCB wagons from Rapido for BRM/RMweb/World of Railways

AY Mod

• Moderators
3 hours ago, tetsudofan said:

Now got to find all the other NCB black wagons I've hidden away.

It'll be interesting to see how they compare.

• Like 1

Good evening folks,

As per my post this morning and as requested by Andy AYMod :), I have attached photos of my 'as-new' WoR NCB internal users in the company of my also unweathered 1509 pannier of Coventry Colliery.

Also attached are photos of my Coventry & Warwickshire coalfield plus a selection of Warwickshire open wagon users.

Most are Bachmann, as you would expect except for the Arley and Coventry Colliery ones which are Oxford.

Also sneaking in are two Slaters/POWsides opens for Binley & Exhall collieries.

The grey Griff one is a special for the Midland Railway Society, whilst the black Griff one is the new Rapido 5-plank open.

Looking forward to the Rapido second run when the Lockhurst Lane Co-op one appears.

As well as getting this lot dirtyficated I also have three more Slaters 6/7-plank opens to complete. Not sure whether to make these as more NCB internal users or go down the POWsides route for other Warwickshire collieries (Baddesley, Birch Coppice, etc).

Cheers, Nigel.

Edit: I forgot to include my little green Peckett, Forest No 1 in the photo, worked at Charity Colliery, Bedworth (doh!)

image2 (3).jpeg

image0 (12).jpeg

image1 (7).jpeg

image4 (2).jpeg

IMG_2706.jpg

Edited by GMKAT7
Missing info (doh!)
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

My 4 have turned up - if I remember at silly o'clock tomorrow morning I'll stick them in the load for SWAG if anyone wants to see them...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

My 4 have turned up - if I remember at silly o'clock tomorrow morning I'll stick them in the load for SWAG if anyone wants to see them...

Mine were waiting for me in the porch when I returned from the NEC just. A welcome surprise indeed.

• Like 2

My 5 arrived today, I must admit these have been my most looked forward to preorder this year and I’m pleased to say they do not disappoint! 
My NCB layout is still at the baseboard stage but these will definitely spur me on to get it finished! 

Thank you for producing these fine models

Here are a few pictures I’ve grabbed this evening on my distillery layout…They look right at home with the NCB locos in my collection.

My only regret is not buying more! :)

Cheers, 
Adam

IMG_6928.jpeg

IMG_6936.jpeg

IMG_6932.jpeg

Edited by Northmoor MPD
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Did everyone get notified of shipment? Im sure i ordered some, but no email etc. Am now in the land of SWAG for a week so won't be in to much receive them..... 

Edited by RedgateModels

2 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Did everyone get notified of shipment? Im sure i ordered some, but no email etc. Am now in the land of SWAG for a week so won't be in to much receive them..... 

No notification, two boxes just turned up today with the post man.

• Agree 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedgateModels said:

Did everyone get notified of shipment? Im sure i ordered some

Rapido ship these via Royal Mail Tracked so the notification goes to them.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Well, if they go astray I will not be best pleased 

We're we supposed to know you'd gone on holiday?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RedgateModels said:

Nope first I knew was finding it when I returned but they were signed for by my neighbour who left them secure for me :)

Lovely set, thanks for commissioning them 👍

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Well, if they go astray I will not be best pleased 

They are signed for delivery so should be safely back at the PO if no one was there. 

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

If I had the RM tracking I could change the delivery etc. It's very odd these days for even low value items not to be shipped without the recipient being notified with tracking info. 

Whatever 

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, PaulRhB said:

They are signed for delivery so should be safely back at the PO if no one was there. 

That doesn’t work well in my area anymore, regularly have signed for parcels left on the doorstep. 

Roy

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

That doesn’t work well in my area anymore, regularly have signed for parcels left on the doorstep. 

Roy

insured though so they have to provide proof. 

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

If I had the RM tracking I could change the delivery etc. It's very odd these days for even low value items not to be shipped without the recipient being notified with tracking info. 

Whatever 

Contact Rapido monday, they’ll provide the tracking number if you give your address. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Ruston said:

A quick weathering, just to take the plasticky finish off and they're starting to look good.

DSCF0987.JPG.675682f5fb5d03afe05a2661ad9e995b.JPG

DSCF0988.JPG.d55c6d86bc477dc77dcf7ea3972a2551.JPG

Wow - they really brush up well!

My (lonely) one arrived out of the blue yesterday.

Really pleased.

Kev.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Ruston said:

A quick weathering, just to take the plasticky finish off and they're starting to look good.

DSCF0987.JPG.675682f5fb5d03afe05a2661ad9e995b.JPG

DSCF0988.JPG.d55c6d86bc477dc77dcf7ea3972a2551.JPG

I did wonder how they'd look on Blacker Lane when I did the artwork for the Yorkshire area style.  Excellent is the answer; nicely done Dave.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I did wonder how they'd look on Blacker Lane when I did the artwork for the Yorkshire area style.  Excellent is the answer; nicely done Dave.

Oh yes.  Very nice Andy and Dave.

I did visit the website this morning but all St Andrews cross versions are sold out. 

Don't really need any more but there is no harm in wanting is there !!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

A heads up from a seller on eBay , no connection, that does removeable resin coal loads that fit these wagons. Although the listing states for Bachmann minerals, a note to the seller and he will amend his mould accordingly. Available un-primed as shewn or primed and finished.

Recommended.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183773143575?var=691377887109

DSCN9302.JPG.cc7b8e3b0db41f035fef5eacce5c38ff.JPG

DSCN9303.JPG.7fdcb89aeec5bf08847b5ef3a52b4e17.JPG

• Informative/Useful 2