Contacting KR Models

tomfisher

Has anyone recently had problems contacting KR Models re repair or replacement of a locomotive?

I purchased a Fell last year which turned out to have faulty pickups.  I was advised that it was sorted last January, but to date it has not been returned. E mails citing various reasons for this  have been received until last May when all contact automatic or otherwise ceased.

Any one else have this problem?  Is there a probbem with the company? 

• Friendly/supportive 2

They may have simply been waiting for the new batch of fells (and spares) to arrive, so that yours can be dealt with.  The second run has just arrived with them (I'm expecting a delivery next week)

I've had communications with Keith today, so if you send a new email, I'm sure you'll get a response.

• RMweb Gold

I contacted them recently requesting a spare staunchion that was missing from one of my Palbrick wagons.  Keith replied quickly and sent me, not just a stancion but  a replacement wagon without hesitation.  Perfect customer service. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I had problems when the Fell I was sent was an analogue one rather than the sound-fitted one I'd ordered.  Two emails failed to produce a returns number.  It went back anyway, registered post with the order number outside and inside of the package together with a copy of the order and payment and a statement of what the issue was.  Two more weeks after Royal Mail confirmed delivery I had heard nothing.  More emails.  Two weeks or so after that I saw Michael at the Gaydon show,  He promised to sort it.  More weeks and more unreplied emails.  Eventually just before Warley I got a refund, having given the loco up for lost.

Poor service and an impression that where there is a problem Keith isn't all that interested.....

Les

• Friendly/supportive 8

On 16/08/2023 at 13:47, Les1952 said:

I had problems when the Fell I was sent was an analogue one rather than the sound-fitted one I'd ordered.  Two emails failed to produce a returns number.  It went back anyway, registered post with the order number outside and inside of the package together with a copy of the order and payment and a statement of what the issue was.  Two more weeks after Royal Mail confirmed delivery I had heard nothing.  More emails.  Two weeks or so after that I saw Michael at the Gaydon show,  He promised to sort it.  More weeks and more unreplied emails.  Eventually just before Warley I got a refund, having given the loco up for lost.

Poor service and an impression that where there is a problem Keith isn't all that interested.....

Les

I had similar experience with a wrong/faulty model being sent to me initially but had a better service from Keith. Even if the UK distributor cocked it up twice by sending a faulty/wrong liveried model/wrong dcc status model.

One of the models I had to send back to Keith in Canada, which Hermes helpfully lost and following the tracking seems it never made it out of this country. Keither still sent the replacement model to me even with that one being lost.

• Like 4

On 16/08/2023 at 13:47, Les1952 said:

Les

That is appalling. I hope the refund included the cost to you of the registered post. Looking on the bright side, you might be better off with the refund than the model.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Sadly my experience of KR Models is pretty awful regarding the Fell. I made and paid for my order on 8 February 2020. In 2022 the Fell became available, but apparently my order was lost due to some corruption in the KR Models ordering system/software. However I was able to prove I had made an order, so was promised a loco would be sent to me.

On 10 December 2022 I received a package, with a Fell box loosely rattling around in a cardboard box with around 4 inches to spare all around. What I received is pictured below - a known faulty model that had been run and broken, it was obviously a return with details included by the returnee. Having already been assured in person by Michael Revell at the Milton Keynes show that my Fell order was all 'in hand' I was extremely upset at what I received.

I contacted KR Models and got a reply including a prepaid return label to send it back. I also received a message that I had received a refund for £154 that I had not asked for - I wanted a Fell loco that I had ordered.

The faulty model was returned, the following day I received another email from Michael revell agreeing that I had a shoddy experience and a Fell would be reserved 100% for me in the next batch due in February/March 2023. This is a quote from that message : "We can offer you a Fell locomotive when the 2nd batch arrives, and I can 100% put your name down for one of them. Hell, given what you’ve experienced up to now, I’m half tempted to offer it you for free. The ETA for these arriving is End of Feb/Early March. If you don’t mind waiting that long, then great. I can put your name down for one. You aren’t the only customer waiting for one."

On 12 August I received an email saying the Fell was back in stock. On 13 August I received an email from Keith Revell asking if I still wanted one, despite the earlier issues no model had been set aside for me despite the promise I would be listed to receive one. Quote from Keith Revell "As we don't have a current outstanding model then you can order one if you wish."

So, on 15 August I duly went onto the KR Models website and made a new order for the Fell. I was dismayed to see that the price of £174 is £20 more than my original order. I emailed Keith to express some dismay at this, listing the issues with my original order, being sent a known faulty item, a refund that I didn't ask for, and having to make a new order. I am 'old school' and don't expect something for nothing, so I am quite happy to pay the original price for my order that KR Models never fulfilled. I received a disgraceful email from Keith Revell by return : "We are a small company and we are not in the habit of giving away money.  We have done what we need to do to keep you happy, but apparently, this isn't enough for you."

On 16 August I emailed to both Keith and Michael Revell listing the errors, promises, and general awful customer service, and respectively asking for a refund for the difference in price that I had to pay. To date on 26 August I have not received a reply from either person. It seems that customer service and satisfaction is non-existent, KR will grab as much money from you as they can, send faulty items, renege on promises, mess up orders, and generally instil bad feeling. Reputable company ? I don't think so..........

Fell failure.jpg

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

On 18/08/2023 at 09:18, adb968008 said:

I have found KR after sales works, on three occasions, the gt3 bogie, damaged Fell and missing loads on the consetts.

I cant complain about aftersales support.

Shame that all this 'customer service' was necessary in the first place - quality products shouldn't need 'customer service'.

CJI.

• Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Eddie the dog said:

Probably the wrong place to ask, but I believe KR Models were at Rails Of Sheffield last Sunday (3rd Sept)

to answer any questions ?

Would be interested to hear feedback, especially as I have a Bellerophon on order with them.

Cheers.

Indeed they were along with Cavalex apparently (different stands). No idea if they made any statements etc... 

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi there folks, I’ve been trying to find a UK address for KR Models to send a return / repair (another Fell with valve gear problems!). I had an email exchange with them about it over last Sept / Oct, in which Michael at KR was v positive about organising pickup to avoid me having to pay postage; but then never has, and they haven’t responded now to 7 emails over 5 months. The fell has been sat on my doorstep the whole time and I’m surprised the dog hasn’t chewed it up.

I’ve done a search on here (and the internet more widely) and can only find an address in Canada. Does anyone know of a postal address for KR Models in UK, or means of getting a return / repair to them? I’m guessing they’re just very bad at managing / responding to emails, which I’m sure they put down to being terribly busy (as most small businesses tend to be); but 5 months is a v long time to chase, so I’m hoping I can just get the mailing info from someone else... 

cheers, Craig 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, KR Models said:

Thanks Colin for quoting our FAX number.  You want to try that again?

Can you please advise the telephone number for the benefit of resolving the OP's issue.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, KR Models said:

Thanks Colin for quoting our FAX number.  You want to try that again?

Wow. I really hope you don't end up doing a prototype I want.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Funny 2

I have yet to buy anything from KR models. As they have not made anything I wanted yet. But having read about the way they have treated their customers it would make me think twice before buying anything from them. 

The comment from them above shows a disgusting attitude to their customers. Rather than respond to the complaints above with an apology, and a promise to sort the problems they responed with a snide comment. They can't even be bothered to give their phone number to someone. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5