Mystery Boxes from Rapido Trains UK!

RapidoCorbs

• RMweb Premium

Wagons, locomotives, train packs, and random Rapido swag can be yours! What’s inside is a mystery, but we promise that whatever it is, will be worth a lot more than the overall cost. We think you will be chuffed!

RTUKMysteryBox-Wide.jpg.0454f7566365c7513f5eb17f2d57344c.jpg

Two tiers are yours to choose from.

Limited quantities will be available exclusively through our online store, so grab them before they depart!

-Our £100 Mystery Boxes contain models worth over £150 plus extra merchandise
-Our £250 Mystery Boxes contain models worth over £400 and will include a Rapido Trains UK livery limited edition Iron Mink (only 100 made for staff and our wider team so VERY exclusive) alongside some extra merchandise

Order a mystery box by clicking on this link!

RapidoVansBanner.jpg.7e8db64775c9c55a0bee3b3ef39a0cf3.jpg

• Like 9

I’ve gone for the £250 one myself - I’ve always liked those Rapido mink vans, and if this is the only way to get one then so be it!

Seriously, I’ve always been a big fan of mystery boxes and I’m looking forward to seeing what is inside of this one. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Edge said:

Seriously, I’ve always been a big fan of mystery boxes and I’m looking forward to seeing what is inside of this one. 

On my last order to Modelu I took a punt on a mystery pack of miss prints, was not disappointed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, fulton said:

On my last order to Modelu I took a punt on a mystery pack of miss prints, was not disappointed.

I did the same with Cadbury's  mis - shapes once.

Definitely not disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Good idea.

Can I suggest that the contents be selected on an era basis, so that one could ask for era 3-6 contents, or era 7-present?  I realise that this would be extra work for whoever is making up the boxes, and might well be impractical, but I think the response from us would be worth it for you (says the man whose knowledge of RTR marketing and economics is spectacularly non-existant).  £150 beer-voucher's worth of era 3-6 stuff for £100 bvs, all of which will be of definite use on my layout even if one or two items need to be repainted, is a very attractive prospect, but an unknown quantity of stuff too modern for me is less so.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

I'm with you johnster, but couldn't resist the lure of a mystery box!

I was thinking about a split on regional basis as I didn't want anything from too far west ;-)  but appreciate both put rapido in a spot.

Perhaps the best solution is a small scale return of Noel Edmunds Swap Shop, where I could offer Western mysteries in a fair exchange for your out of era goods. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Good idea.

Can I suggest that the contents be selected on an era basis, so that one could ask for era 3-6 contents, or era 7-present?  I realise that this would be extra work for whoever is making up the boxes, and might well be impractical, but I think the response from us would be worth it for you (says the man whose knowledge of RTR marketing and economics is spectacularly non-existant).  £150 beer-voucher's worth of era 3-6 stuff for £100 bvs, all of which will be of definite use on my layout even if one or two items need to be repainted, is a very attractive prospect, but an unknown quantity of stuff too modern for me is less so.

To be honest the majority of mystery boxes that I know of from other providers are actually made up of the same things for each customer and is frequently down to free up warehouse space for new items. If (and I emphasise if because I don’t actually know) this is a similar exercise on the part of Rapido then it probably wouldn’t be possible to separate them out like this. 

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Well, neither of these boxes will include a Port of Par Bagnall in NCB livery*, so that itch will continue to irritate me…

I already have (accidental) repeats of certain liveries of their wonderful Hunslet 0-6-0s … dare I risk a third example, should the £100 box happen to contain suchlike? 🤔

Trust me to have just purchased a Bachmann Midland Pullman off eBay a few minutes ago! 🙄

HOURS OF FUN!

* Still seeing those adverts, gnnrrrh!

• Friendly/supportive 2

These mystery boxes have clearly achieved their objective of attracting some sales already, and being Rapido I don't doubt that they will all contain good models, but like Johnster I prefer to decide for myself what suits me and my interests rather than buying whatever unknown products a vendor wants to shift from his stock room, so I won't be buying.  When a company has to clear surplus stock from its shelves, I prefer the specifically advertised heavy discount approach opnely advertised but there's nothing to stop both techniques being used.  I'm in favour of manufacturers doing whatever helps their corporate P&L, and this sounds like a sound business decision, so good luck to them - but not for me thank you.

I don't go on mystery excursions either.  You don't see those railtours advertised so much - but since privatisation there's probably more difficulty setting them up onto another company's patch.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, RapidoCorbs said:

It's all stuff that's currently in stock

If it had been last week I'd have worried you might have slipped Jason into someone's box.

• Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Good idea.

Wouldn’t that diminish the mystery somewhat?

Cheers

Darius

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Good afternoon folks,

Given that my interests range from pre-WW1 SECR, through 1930s LMS, to 1950s/1960s WR & SR, pretty much all of Rapido's wagons will suit me somewhere.

And if there is a Hunslet in there, well, so much the better😀

The only thing I might struggle with is the air-braked open, but it could be the start of a new strand?

Cheers, Nigel.