The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Great day at the cricket but I melted in the sun.

Great to see Debs escape from hospital I hope the R&R goes according to plan. But remember Ers.. beware the all!!!

Sleep well awl especially anyone who ails.

Baz

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Great day at the cricket but I melted in the sun.

Great to see Debs escape from hospital I hope the R&R goes according to plan. But remember Ers.. beware the all!!!

Sleep well awl especially anyone who ails.

Baz

A complete and thorough list of transgressors has been passed to The Bearer of the Sacred Awl.

Some on here will be mildly chastised for their transgressions.

However, there are a few that need to be informed that four HH-60G are now sitting at Shawbury, just awaiting the 'GO!'

My advice would be for those few to sleep with both ears and one eye open.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sherry and I, tucked up in her holiday cabin on the edge of Dartmoor, have had a good day, but it has just been rendered immeasurably better by the post from Debs.

Sincerely hoping you are home for good and comfy to start getting your life back, dearest Debs.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

My son has booked us on a whisky tour at the Glengoyne distillery so the whisky will be enjoyed! I do wonder what the midges will be like after the warm weather, so industrial strength repellant has been packed! Usually I don’t have a problem with midges, as they all go for Mrs G instead! She must be tastier than I am.

That should be a very good tour, its a delightful distillery in a lovely setting.   I've still got some of the cask strength bottle that I used the voucher on that came with the tour 65% but lovely.   I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did.

Jamie

PS What a fabulous end to the day with the news from Debs.   I daren't post pictures of what I've been doing this evening now.

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 18

That should be a very good tour, its a delightful distillery in a lovely setting.   I've still got some of the cask strength bottle that I used the voucher on that came with the tour 65% but lovely.   I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did.

My brother-in-law certainly enjoyed our tour of that distillery. There were four of us, but I was driving, my wife isn't all that keen on whisky, and our niece doesn't like it at all. (She is Texan, and the tour was actually at her suggestion, so that she could cross it off on her "things to do on my Scottish visit" list.) So b-i-l had 4 'tasting' shots, with only a sip out of each of the other three.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Well, we managed to get to the Trafford Centre for just gone 10 o’clock and it was fairly busy, but not as busy as it was when we left at 11:30. I made my way to WHS to pick up a few magazines and also get myself a pen refill for the hand made pen I was given as a Christmas present, as it had run out. With shopping bags fully laden we made our way home via the butchers for our weekly meat rations. I took advantage of the fact that there were some pasties in the hot cupboard and purchased one for my dinner.

This evening we had James and Amelia round for tea, a very pleasant evening was had, but when he left, he forgot to pick up his first aid kit! I hope he doesn’t need it in between now and next week!

It’s been a bit of a strange day, dull one minute then bright the next. However, day has definitely ended on a brighter note. Deb’s, nice to see you back.

Goodnight all

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Hi everybdy, its me!

Quick vist. Just to let you kno w Im home for a whil (and clearlywith a dodgy keyboard) :(

Im now able to give John Colby (C.B) some incredibly well earned time off from his many kind months of liaison duties :angel: .....ill pop in from time to tim e,but possibly not too oftn, but mayb some who regularly post certain pics., might think thts a good thng! :mosking:

Have fun, best wshes,

Debs. :friends:

Irrespective of the content this currently rates as Post of the Year in my book.  You are MOST welcome back.

Evening all.  A day of several halves here.  Tried sleeping without so much success then was kept awake by some over-loud banter on next door's balcony.  Not unduly loud but too loud for the time of night.  Dozed fitfully.  Awoke around 02.30 to deal with Nature and heard the same individuals making as much noise again.  I tried my usual method of texting the Neighbour (Upstairs) though getting no answer at that hour she might, I thought, have been asleep.  SWMBO was then heard to leave her room, shuffle out to the kitchen and then through the back door before yelling loudly to the balcony-party that it was time they shut up and allowed others to sleep.  They did so.  SWMBO reported later that she was able to hear Neighbour (Upstairs) among those outside though I had not heard her from inside.  

Slept fitfully until the 05.15 alarm call.  Busy day a the House of Fun partly because it is Friday and folks are on the move for the weekend and partly because the Firm Next Door is still incapable of running anything like its published timetable.  We suffered a repeat of yesterday's TCF (same circuit, same time, perfect déja-vû, same disruptive result) but otherwise things moved well enough.  SWMBO and Dragon-in-Law passed through in transit from the Hill to the Heath of Hayward, saw me but I failed to see them.  Apparently all was not well and something of a disagreement arose between them of which I shall no doubt hear more in the morning.  

Most importantly we finally laid Mum to rest; her ashes were scattered at the base of the same tree as Dad's had been a year ago.  They are thus re-united for all time and a few tears were shed as we returned them to each other's care.  The house is ready for cleaning and will go on the market "as is" for renovation at the end of the month.  In the meantime I get to clean it top to bottom.  A chapter closes and we move on.  Sister and I have jointly assumed the mantle of Head of Family which might otherwise have been mine alone as the elder and senior male. We are given to understand probate has been granted and the estate will be disposed of as per their will.  Hopefully before the year ends.  As these things go that will set us up to be completely debt-free and with a modest sum banked against our own futures.

The weekend has arrived.  It has been a long and somewhat emotional day after very little serious sleep.  The eyelids require extended viewing and I have cancelled the morning's alarm call.  I'll see you when I see you.  

• Like 4

Hi everybdy, its me!

Quick vist. Just to let you kno w Im home for a whil (and clearlywith a dodgy keyboard) :(

Im now able to give John Colby (C.B) some incredibly well earned time off from his many kind months of liaison duties :angel: .....ill pop in from time to tim e,but possibly not too oftn, but mayb some who regularly post certain pics., might think thts a good thng! :mosking:

Have fun, best wshes,

Debs. :friends:

Cripes! The Lady of the Awl is back.

Speaking of which, betcha didn't know that John Lennon nicked one of his songs from The Sunday Express. There used to be an ad in that august publication for "The Awl You Need" - it was for stitching leather. Dad bought me one, but I seem to have lost track of it along the way. Anyway, it's pretty obvious Lennon was reading his SE one Sunday, came upon the ad and immediately turned it into "Awl You Need Is Love".

• RMweb Premium

Good morning all from a slightly muggy village.   Yesterday I got pallets 4,5 and 6 shifted to the warehouse.   I found somewhere to dispose of 2 crates full of confidential waste and best of all they did it free of charge as I wasn't bothered about a certificate etc.   A good evening was had at the club where some scenery was built, my last modelling evening there.

Woke early this morning and realised that I'd forgotten to get a wedding anniversary card for this morning so nipped out to Asda allegedly to get some Eccles Cakes for my pack up today.   I was rumbled however as Beth was up when I got back.   I seem to have got off lightly though.    Anyway I'm off to Doncaster today to the G0G trade show. My passengers will have to share the back seats with a 6' long part built battleship hull that I've sold on Ebay.  Various bits and pieces need to be bought.     When I get home I believe that some suitcases need to be packed.  

Good morning to Debs and good wishes to all others in need, especially those battling the big C and the reluctant trainers of dark haired canines.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

I found somewhere to dispose of 2 crates full of confidential waste and best of all they did it free of charge as I wasn't bothered about a certificate etc.  

That'll be the team from Mail on Sunday then?

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, especially to the Awl, not had time to review and rate.

Will be heading to Hickling broad in 20 minutes, Ben the Border Collie is following me around closely realising something is up.

Time to load up the bag with food for 30 hours...

See you later I hope....

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all and especially to Debs,

Rather a dull start here but a fine, warm and dry day is expected although there may be the odd heavy shower later.

Missed posting yesterday due to other stuff getting in the way. The main problem was a dead PC which seemed unable to cope with the latest round of Windows updates. IT Dept (Son Steve) has had a quick look at it and will return at a later date to see if he can rebuild it. If not then to the bin it will go. Luckily my laptop did cope with updates although it took a long time.

Seems like we're having a quiet weekend with no visitors and not visiting anywhere so some gardening is on the agenda. First up will be a visit to the local garden centre to buy a few more plants.

I may also wash the car as it is looking a bit grubby.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bit overcast this morning 20 minutes walk from the real home of test match cricket.

Looks like I may get wet umpiring today. Met Office is suggesting it may rain from noon until......tomorrow. Pah!

Youngest Herbert has just texted to say that his house has been burgled. Laptop and wallet are missing. Not a good start to the weekend.

Have a great day everyone especially Debs.

Thoughts are with all that ail.

Baz

Morning all

Overcast here and fresh-ish outside; expecting some sunshine and a warm day.

Wonderful to hear from Debs yesterday, especially from home. Hope the recovery continues well.

Irrespective of the content this currently rates as Post of the Year in my book.  You are MOST welcome back.

Most importantly we finally laid Mum to rest; her ashes were scattered at the base of the same tree as Dad's had been a year ago.  They are thus re-united for all time and a few tears were shed as we returned them to each other's care.  The house is ready for cleaning and will go on the market "as is" for renovation at the end of the month.  In the meantime I get to clean it top to bottom.  A chapter closes and we move on.  Sister and I have jointly assumed the mantle of Head of Family which might otherwise have been mine alone as the elder and senior male. We are given to understand probate has been granted and the estate will be disposed of as per their will.  Hopefully before the year ends.  As these things go that will set us up to be completely debt-free and with a modest sum banked against our own futures.

Am so pleased that things went well for you yesterday, Rick. Trust that things regarding probate proceed smoothly and efficiently for you.

Thought I'd be seeing Solo solo last Thursday but that didn't happen owing to various things. Plan to see it with Gabe later today, grandaughter may come along, too, so seeing Solo duo or trio.

Meantime, have a good weekend.

Mal

Edited by Purley Oaks
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

) collection of dusters!

Have a great day one and all.

I didn't know you had a fleet of cars BR.  :mosking:

Morning Peeps 

A brighter day here, I've been ordered to go to Horrorson for supplies for our safari into deepest Warwickshire next week said trip 

will involve visiting NT gardens and of course 2 Steam Railways and Her wants to pop into Winchcombe Potteries no doubt to spend

my money the make small bit of tableware similar to our Denby dinner set, more junk to fill the kitchen cupboards up, I put an extra 6

cupboards up when I done a referb' 2 years ago they were full within day I haven't a clue where all this stuff had been stored before.

Have a good one  A Shoppar  :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Overcast again but occasional brightness shining through and it's forecast to be warm, and no doubt muggy.  Friends visiting so it will be a pub lunch as the management has no inclination to spend time slaving in a hot kitchen.

Have a good day one and all but especially Debs now she is back in the fold of ERs.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Mooring again, and it is a mooring...

post-15969-0-96914100-1527930485_thumb.jpg

That's the view from Hickling sailing club, where I've just had a bacon baguette very nice too. They have a children's sailing event on but are keeping the club open till 20:00 to watch the 3Rivers Race. The stuff on the jetty is all my stuff for monitoring the race. I've temporarily put up a mast with Ariel, and reported back to the club.

I hope Debs enjoys the pictures I hope to post later..

Aye aye for now...

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Great to hear from Debs - the content really doesn't matter - it's the sentiment - and from home as well is doubly good news.

That's all from me for today.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

Just got up, after a bit of a lie-in. I’ve not got much planned for today. It looks a bit grey here so I’m not going to do anything that I can’t quickly stop if it rains, maybe tidy up the shed after just dumping everything back in it the other day.

Back later

• Like 13