The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Oh, don't worry, it was mentioned last night. Thankfully the chill is thawing somewhat today.

Andy, as a friend, please can I also say that at Ambers age, coming into your bed, when YOU need to go to work, can't help your mind relax enough. We all love our Children, (although mine were Step Children when I inherited them) but at her age, when will she stop coming in, poorly or not?

Glad the Chill is thawing never go to bed on a argument.

I guess I'm not only a rare species, but a very lucky one as I can honestly say, I NEVER saw either of my Parents Drunk or arguing.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Flicking through the TV channels, I was just in time to see the pace car on the warm up lap of the IndyCar race in Detroit lose control and hit the wall. Can't say they'll have a restart, since the race hadn't actually started.

Voila!

http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/video-gm-executive-crashes-2019-corvette-zr-1-pace-car-delay-chevrolet-detroit-grand

It was a Corvette driven by a Generic Motors executive. He'll have a fun day when he shows up for work tomorrow :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Salve, citizens. Here I am again on a cross-midnight break before taking off on the N17 anew. Was quite odd today to be returning to depot just as the first sorties for daytime traffic were getting underway and as dawn was breaking!

Sleep well, just in case I won’t post anything else this night...

:bye:

• Like 17

Nothing from GDB today.  Hope this is over celebration of the Welsh victory, rather than a trauma issue.  I loved the last Welsh try - just the sort of try that I used to score, loitering with intent.

Keep well all, especially Andrew P.  So you have a follow up appointment?

Bill

Edited by bbishop
  • Like 17

Evening all, now on our annual week at Loch Lomond. A good trip up then a thunderstorm with torrential rain, which we watched from our covered balcony. We then had a bizarre experience by going to the nearby Spa at the Carrick resort, sitting in their warm open air Infinity pool, with light rain falling on us.

Today we had friends over and a very pleasant day spent walking to and round Balloch Country Park, then a good meal. Tomorrow’s plan is for a visit to an Island on the Loch in the morning, then our Glengoyne distillery trip in the afternoon.

Great to see Debs posting here again, so still wishing her and all other ailing ERs a speedy recovery.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Well this morning I cut the box hedge at the front, I also did a spot of dead heading of the roses in the back garden.

After dinner it was far to hot to spend much time outside, so I did a bit of sorting out in the workshop instead. Over the last few weeks I’ve come across a quite a few old Hornby spares, so I’m getting them all together and once I’ve sorted out what I want and don’t want, I’ll stick them on Ebay and see how much someone is willing to shell out for it all. I’ll do the same with some duff DCC chips too, it seems that people will buy any old rubbish these days.

A fair part of the evening was spent on the phone to my brother in Canada. As is usually the case when we speak, we didn’t discuss anything important, just general chit chat. Before that though, Sheila and I had a walk round the garden, (it doesn’t take long) and we inspected the roses. This year we have quite a good show with several either in bloom or about to bloom.

Andy. Happy birthday.

Goodnight all

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if there is anyone with a layout just running coloured/graffitied trains? Its even brighter than yellow.

I have graffiti on yellow....

post-408-0-95777200-1528066150.jpg

post-408-0-32048900-1528066151_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 19

Keep well all, especially Andrew P.  So you have a follow up appointment?

Bill

Thanks Bill, yes to see the Doctor again next week, and then the original Surgeon in 6 Months.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

A busy weekend since Friday morning away at the DEMU Showcase in Burton.

Good to see Peter BB there.

A skim read and I think it's:

Welcome back Debs.

Look after yourself Chris F, Andys P and Ram

Belated HB BR

Cheers,

MIck

• Like 14

A very good but busy weekend in Burton for DEMU showcase.

Exhausted now! Avoided spending too much of the money for my recent 40th last month at least though bought a few small items needed.

Spent the majority of the weekend taking photos for update or talking with members and non members alike about update and a number of other things besides.

Roll on next year and a new venue! Now for lots of rest, morphine and a quiet few days in the company of my fiance and the young staffie greyhound cross we adopted 9 months ago (I got a lot of licks on my return from her!)

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning Awl, Inner Temple Here,

you may have noticed my sudden radio silence, at 11:00 Saturday morning, the gun went off for the 3 Rivers Race, I reached for the tablet, it leapt off the area just inside the windscreen, down the companionway impacting on the lowest metal edged step. Successfully committing suicide by smashing the screen.

I made a full list notes, which I'll turn into a race report later once we've been shopping for a new tablet., This is SWMBOs which I found had 47 outstanding updates hence no race report yesterday.. Also I was a bit tired having spent the night peering into the fog for anything arriving.

I can state, 93 entries, 80 starters, 15 finished, 3 A raters, 5 Norfolk Punts,. 7 broads cruisers... this is why the race is listed as the third toughest mass participation event in the UK.

The provisional winner Lady Jane Race number 43, which is a Thames A rater

Reviews ratings and other things will occur later

Time to take Bennthe border collie on patrol.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

I have graffiti on yellow....

attachicon.gifDSCF3618s.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF5163s.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

I just have dirt on my Harz loco and coach after a pleasant afternoon in the conservatory yesterday

post-1557-0-88368500-1528088043_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-50557700-1528088096_thumb.jpg

Good morning all

Another Monday morning commute but only three more Mondays after this one. Over the last few days I oftern think have I done the right thing but most of the time the answer is a resounding 'yes'

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 19

"Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be”

Good morning one and all

I should have mentioned yesterday that it was the third anniversary of the appointment in Urology at which I was told that I have prostate cancer.  At the time I thought it was the day my luck finally ran out but I was mistaken.  I have the good fortune to be in the care of one of the best oncologists in the business who prescribed a treatment that has worked, so far at least.  Not everyone is so fortunate.  The wretched disease took my cousin and may yet take me.   Until it does I carry on regardless.  On the subject of health, many thanks again for the good wishes on the subject of the black dog.  I was brooding a bit too much yesterday and making something out of nothing – at least I hope it’s nothing.

I have quite a busy week ahead.  On Tuesday there is a talk about the Wymington Diversion, an obscure bit of railway line, which I must distil into less than 300 words the next day before scooting off to London to see Andy Cutting in concert at Kings Place.  On Thursday I am having my blood pressure checked again at the insistence of Sister Diabetes and on Saturday it’s the AGM of the Scalefour Society in Huddersfield.  Oh dear, Chris versus the M1 again.

Continuing warm thoughts to Andyram, Debs, Robert and his dad, Tony and Aditi, Simon, Mal and all others in distress.

Chris

Edited by chrisf

Morning All,

It has been pretty hot and humid all weekend, but thunderstorms are due again today.

I am back in the office this morning after the long weekend.  We went down to Friedrichshafen for the Amateur Radio exhibition on Thursday and then came back on Saturday.  I have been looking at getting a new Transceiver for my Dad (who is also a radio amateur).

He seems to be doing pretty well at the moment.  He is positive, and has been doing jobs around the house - those that he was always going to do when he got around to it!  Macmillan have been fantastic too.  The NHS have done their best - the individual people are incredible, they work wonders in the face of adversity, but sorry, the system sucks.  However, the reasons for this are largely political so we have to avoid going there!

Have a good day everyone...

There's two people in a marriage and there's two sides to every story.

It's often easy to overlook the stress's and strains a partner is under when their other half has a long and often debilitating illness.

Who supports the supporter?

Often no one, hardly surprising they sometimes snap.

So folks, please be mindful of this.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hey up! Grey and overcast here. I am under orders for house cleaning duties followed by a visit to Golden acre Park to amble around the lake.

Have a great day.

Baz

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

There's two people in a marriage and there's two sides to every story.

It's often easy to overlook the stress's and strains a partner is under when their other half has a long and often debilitating illness.

Who supports the supporter?

Often no one, hardly surprising they sometimes snap.

So folks, please be mindful of this.

I couldn't agree more.  Having been such a carer/supporter for about 15 years, at one point it is vital.  The carer needs time out.  During the blackest of times, and with 3 young kids to look after, as well as work, I used to try and arrange a day out on my own every month or so.  I usually ended up walking on the fells above Blea Moor.  It did me a power of good but some of our friends/family thought I was being selfish.   Fortunately I had other better friends who were supportive and helped with child care.  The carer's health/well being is vital.  There are organisations that help.

Jamie

• Like 1