The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 minute ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I see that not north of you but south near Boise, the "acquitted in a mistrial with prejudice" for 16 varying counts, including but not limited to conspiracy, assault, threatening and interference of interstate commerce by extortion, ringleader of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge occupation is planning an Easter gathering in defiance of the Governor of Idaho's order.

Yes, that's the Bundy head-banger. There's a similar mentally deranged sheriff (Remington I think) to my North.

My comments about enlisting the services of His Royal Hipponess were not entirely in jest.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

2 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

With so few cars now on the road, speeds are up dramatically, and so are citations now that there is a much higher enforcement / motorist ratio.

I had to pick up my prescriptions at the pharmacy drive-through yesterday so I took Idspidy with the roof down. I confess I was tempted to see if it would actually do 130 but I thought better of it and stayed well below 70.

• Like 17
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Another sunny start and a fine day is promised.

8 hours ago, PeterBB said:

I also missed the day when my home team, Wimbledon won the FA Cup by beating Liverpool 1-0, but some years earlier I was able in 1966 to be at Wembley when Wimbledon beat Sutton United  4-2 to win the FA Amateur Cup, all four Wimbledon goals coming off the head of Eddie Reynolds.

I was at Wembley that day Peter, a lone Sutton supporter amongst my friends who all supported Wimbledon. Some p1ss taking ensued. Son Steve has been a Wimbledon supporter since he was about 12 years old but only gets to matches occasionally these days

No Daily Orders have been posted as yet but even if they are I will be taking it easy as there is a certain amount of Much Aching in The Back and Shoulder today. .

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Will have to make the journey to Tess Coes today, I would normally be going tomorrow but I'm running short of fresh veg and as most supermarkets are shut on Sunday they're bound to be busy tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I see that not north of you but south near Boise, the "acquitted in a mistrial with prejudice" for 16 varying counts, including but not limited to conspiracy, assault, threatening and interference of interstate commerce by extortion, ringleader of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge occupation is planning an Easter gathering in defiance of the Governor of Idaho's order.

No relation to Ted Bundy? As Flavio said I wouldn't want to wish this virus on my worst enemy but I might make an exception in this case except for the fact he could get it and pass it on to an innocent third party.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

Morning from a dull and eerily calm day in NE Scotland, the Harr is rolling in off the sea making it feel like Autumn rather than Spring. With lunacy likely to be taking place around here even with the weather and the beach car park gates locked, numpties will no doubt be out in hoards, so we will be staying at home. Have a nice Easter...…..we are without any chocolate, so SWMBO may be grumpy...………………………...:girldevil:

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

I see the Hatton's Genesis 4/6 wheel coach thread has been woken from its slumbers. Its only the same person kicking off about them being generic and saying he won't be buying any. Then why bother stiring it up again? He's been firmly put in his place and now things seem to have quietened down again. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

' morning all from red dragon land.

Sunny and, they say, warm, maybe hot, hot for here, anyway!

Bike ride and some m*d*ll*ing planned after various jobs around the house have been done.

Put the Good in Good Friday, be Good and keep  safe.

Best wishes to all, especially to the sick, ailing and bereaved among you.

Polly

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I was reading an article yesterday about how bad clusters of the lurgi have kickstarted the infections in differnt countries. These range from big reliigious gatherings in Korea, Iran and France, apres ski parties in Austria and some sort of town carnival in Western Germany and I think Italy. It's becoming very obvious that such gatherings are what might be called the turbochargers for spread of the infection but you can't get that through to the numpties and self obsessed.

Jamie

I think Italy's big spread was due to a very  important soccer match between top teams to which many supporters etc. travelled long distances.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 10