Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

My first post just disappeared!

It is cool and overcast this morning. As it is a Bank Holiday we will be at home though I suspect there won’t be heavy traffic going to Southend today.  
Tony

• Like 16

8 hours ago, southern42 said:

' evening all from red dragon land.

Toot on the flute and bike ride on the spot.

More dandelion heads removed and plants watered.

Began tidying a raised bed in need of some TLC and discovered the dead roots I removed from the struggling tree fern had jumped back into life in the form of some new roots, and several small fronds.  Saw to the rescue (remove dead roots) and a new small tree fern is sitting in a pot to be nurtured into tree fern no.2.

Amazingly, I even got some m*d*ll*ng finished which I did not expect.

Followed by Sunday roast and well co-ordinated rhubarb crumble and custard for pudding with no fuss, no mess up! :jester:

But for now, it is ' night all and nos da.

Best wishes

Polly

Polly, Dandelions are only flowers of nature.

Someone INVENTED the word WEED, and then wondered what he could use it for, so he picked on some nice colourful flowers that nature provided in his garden.

Long live weeds is what I say to my Garden.

• Like 11
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Polly, Dandelions are only flowers of nature.

Someone INVENTED the word WEED, and then wondered what he could use it for, so he picked on some nice colourful flowers that nature provided in his garden.

Long live weeds is what I say to my Garden.

I love the French for weed which translates  as "bad grass" which could have all sorts of meanings.

Jamie

• Funny 18

10 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

I leave the dandelions – they’re early food for the bees.

That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. And it just happenes to be true.

You can add the leaves to a salad, only make sure you pick them from where animals have not pissed by...…………………………..

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I looked at a piece of MDF in my offcuts box 

Phil,

As a matter of interest do you seal your MDF prior to use?

I've got into the habit of giving it a coat of cellulose based sanding sealer which seems to do a good job

The first coat does lift any areas that have been cut, but it is very easy to smooth it down and then you have a sealed edge.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 10

Morning all, overcast and cold, so I have lit the fire SWMBO doesn't do so well if it's cold, Arthur It is gives her trouble, not sure what todays plans are, we went for an 8 mile bike ride yesterday, might go for another if it warms up later. Take care all and keep yer distance...…………………….

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Happy Hippo said:

Phil,

As a matter of interest do you seal your MDF prior to use?

I've got into the habit of giving it a coat of cellulose based sanding sealer which seems to do a good job

The first coat does lift any areas that have been cut, but it is very easy to smooth it down and then you have a sealed edge.

Not in this case as its only slightly over A4 in size and 22mm thick and kept in a warm dry place.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Talking of weeds I was horrified to find two dandelions growing in my artificial grass!  Can't believe they've grown through as I know what's underneath so can only assume they're from wind borne seed.

Email received earlier from Sainsburys' telling us we're getting everything we've ordered apart from four substitutions. These have already been deemed acceptable by Management.

Time for elevenses and we have a couple of leftover Hot Cross Buns to dispose of. Good Oh.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well it’s been a few days since I did a morning post! The sun is shine but it’s a bit cooler than yesterday and the wind, although only light, is stronger than yesterday, but at least we haven’t had rain, which we did late yesterday afternoon. It was a very heavy downpour it was too, spilling over the gutters like a waterfall. 

Anyway, breakfast has been consumed and muggertea No2 is at hand and I’m about to investigate why the turntable control circuit isn’t working as it should. For this task I’ll be referring to my circuit diagrams and using a multimeter, which Sheila thinks sounds like something from ‘War Of The Worlds’ LP, I personally think she’s losing it. 

Stay safe, enjoy the rest of the day, back later 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

Anyway, breakfast has been consumed and muggertea No2 is at hand and I’m about to investigate why the turntable control circuit isn’t working as it should. For this task I’ll be referring to my circuit diagrams and using a multimeter, which Sheila thinks sounds like something from ‘War Of The Worlds’ LP, I personally think she’s losing it. 

Stay safe, enjoy the rest of the day, back later 

Good luck with the testing. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning awl. 

It is bright. It is definitely cool. The wind rose to stiff breeze and has remained thus. I shall inspect the seedlings momentarily. 

Daisies and dandelions carpet our lawns and look beautiful. In previous years the garden maintenance people have mowed the lot every week but since the change of landlord we no longer enjoy that.  The grass gets cut at intervals but the wild flowers within it have a chance to grow, feed insects and be admired. We spotted at least four species of bee yesterday, for example. 

The agenda for today is as empty as it has been all weekend.  This is getting boring. Let’s hope the House of Fun still requires my services tomorrow. 

Stay well.  Avoid yellow snow and helicopters. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Avoid yellow snow, pannier tanks, and helicopters. 

Suitably amended for HH.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3
  • Funny 12