RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

I  can't see where those 6 minutes (nearly 10 in the end) came from.

Just watched the highlights again. After the Korea goal, the referee clearly tells Thomas Muller that there are still six minutes remaining, and Muller conveys this information to the rest of the team. Muller seems relatively cool that Germany have a chance to pull off another great escape.

Is that ethical? It really does look like the “big” nations are given preferential treatment. Is it because they bring more money into the tournament, big business betting or more corruption at the heart of FIFA.

• RMweb Gold

Just watched the highlights again. After the Korea goal, the referee clearly tells Thomas Muller that there are still six minutes remaining, and Muller conveys this information to the rest of the team. Muller seems relatively cool that Germany have a chance to pull off another great escape.

Is that ethical? It really does look like the “big” nations are given preferential treatment. Is it because they bring more money into the tournament, big business betting or more corruption at the heart of FIFA.

You don't still think the World Cup has anything to do with th football do you?

I thought it was about making money, personal ego trips and going on a jolly. Why else would they want to increase it to 48 teams?

• RMweb Gold

"How long, Ref?" is a question asked at all levels of the game, from Sunday morning football upwards - I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Germany didn't derserve to go through because of their 3 poor performances ( so often we've seen England do the same thing).

As yet, there are no outstanding teams - but my tip is still Belgium...

Take your pick !!

(a bit RAF centric !!)

Good luck to England tonight - let's all see the ball FLYING to the net !!

Brit15

Edited by APOLLO
  • Like 2

I think tonight's England V Belgium game could be very interesting following yesterday's results. Quite clearly finishing second in the group will give a potentially easier route through the tournament avoiding Brazil, Uruguay, Portugal, France etc. Is this now a match that neither team wants to win?

I think tonight's England V Belgium game could be very interesting following yesterday's results. Quite clearly finishing second in the group will give a potentially easier route through the tournament avoiding Brazil, Uruguay, Portugal, France etc. Is this now a match that neither team wants to win?

They could always compare notes with the French and Danish teams about how to grind out a (goalless) draw.

So, with the scores locked at 0-0 going in to injury time after neither team have crossed the half way line in case they score which England player do you reckon has been nominated to take one for the team and get booked to ensure we don't come first due to fair play and as there will be no opposition player within 20 yards how will they manage to get booked?

So, with the scores locked at 0-0 going in to injury time after neither team have crossed the half way line in case they score which England player do you reckon has been nominated to take one for the team and get booked to ensure we don't come first due to fair play and as there will be no opposition player within 20 yards how will they manage to get booked?

Has Bet365 offered odds on that?

That would have to be the player seen as most expendable to the cause. I suggest Raheem Sterling.

• RMweb Gold

No surprises that this version of everyone's favourite youtube clip would surface*:

* Adolf uses some naughty words, so please don't click through if things like that offend.

One of these days I really must see the original film!

• RMweb Premium

Take your pick !!

(a bit RAF centric !!)

Good luck to England tonight - let's all see the ball FLYING to the net !!

Brit15

Just a quick query:

Any particular side's net?

Just asking .....

• RMweb Gold

That's probably what Germany thought when they "only" had Mexico and South Korea to beat.

Sometimes the easiest option on paper isn't.

Mike.

Or will we see the most own goals ever scored in a single game?

Utter farce Japan v Poland - Japan go through because they have less yellow cards than Senegal after wasting the last ten minutes aimlessly passing the ball between themselves with Poland looking on as passive spectators :jester:

Edited by cary hill