Coachmann's coach thread.........

coachmann

• RMweb Premium

No I hadnt come across this. A neat rake of green & cream tourist stock of which I did a good many with Derek L. over the years. £394.90 per coach though....mmmmm.

Look nice - need Kaydees though!

Coach, There'd be no point in you bidding (I think that's what you have to do on e-bay - never use it, myself) as you could probably build a set and have them finished quicker than the postal delivery for the existing ones!!!!! Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Bit expensive I think but not unusual for this particular trader. However, they look very, very good Larry. I reckon they have only ever been on display.

Back to the 'shed' discussion. I reckon this is the new look TARDIS and Larry is to be the Doctor's new glamorous assistant.

P @ 36E

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Light had virtually gone by the time I could take photos of the completed coach. It has been weathered....

Coach - that is one lovely D50 Lav compo - i recently acquired 3 teak finished non corridor teak suburbans on ebay (make totally unknown), they appear kit or possibly scratch built with brass bogies - one is a brake as seen in the attached photo but the other two are lav compos, I am suspicous of the corridor being on one side of the carriage - were there ever any teak non corridors like this? Im not that bothered as I think they look great and fit with my needs plus my railway never leaves home - im just curious to know if there were any to a diagram like this!

Your work is awesome - certainly provides something for the rest of us to aspire to!

Mike

post-8434-0-28592800-1336052378.jpg

After viewing Coachman's splendid work, I am a bit nervous about showing these coaches that I bashed from the Dapol ex LMS Suburbans:

P1010003.jpg

After being castigated for the glazing in some previous coaches, I upgraded these by using Finecast glazing - a big improvement over the Airfix stuff. Underframe has been upgraded with Comet components.

John

Larry, I've been idly looking for one of these from time to time for 'Thurston' as they seem to crop up quite regularly in East Anglian photos. I haven't grasped what you mean by "there should be far more 'meat' between them and the roof". Can you elaborate?

Given the beading strip near the top, would a new taller strip of plastic above that be a possible option? I realise the door lines would need working in and the top hinges a bit, bu all the rest of the hinges and door stops could be left as they are. The alternative for the roof is handy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived