Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

Do we know anyone with a strategic reserve of kits?  :O  :O

Well I've seen yours. Here's part of mine. Taken from the winter workbench.

There's another four full height cupboards of kits... and then there's the attic!

post-508-0-95438200-1423752579_thumb.jpg

P

• Like 4

Well I've seen yours. Here's part of mine. Taken from the winter workbench.

There's another four full height cupboards of kits... and then there's the attic!

attachicon.gifStratRes-PartialSM.jpg

P

And right there, 'front of stage' is a whole tub of Lanarkshire Models buffers and fittings.... Thanks Paul, No wonder I've got no time to do anything else.

I did lay out another mould today though, it wasn't for me but for another manufacturer's new products. Hey Ho. :angel:

Dave Franks.

• RMweb Gold

Right, I think this is what is known as a 'Topic Reset'...

The E1 now has a crew, owners and an identity - 1749. I'm working out what other locos I'll be building in the near future and then I'll be ordering some number plates from Narrow Planet.

post-7104-0-52653800-1423779038_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-25401400-1423779055_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

So now you have a J72, then you really will have to think about adding a J71. I think I might know of an upcoming etched brass and nickel silver kit for just such a loco. Then, of course, there are the various different varieties of the J77 and there are certainly kits for those!!

Are you planning to build an A6 as part of your loco stud? With Arthur's North Eastern range, 52F's T1 and upcoming A8 plus the North Eastern kits available from London Road models and Dave Bradwell's Q6, then we have almost all of the old North Eastern's classes available; a far cry from just a few years ago.

Lovely conversion of the J72; really does look the part.

Cheers

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike, there will be an W/A6 eventually, next up will be a J24 and after that hopefully a 1001 so a bit of scrathbuilding for that one, that with the J24 will be for my next layout.

I have a couple of Lancaster J77s so won't be adding any more just yet. I actually have 3 E1/J72s, 1 K's with Comet chassis, 1 Bachmann with Comet chassis and this one, I also have a K's one built as a E/J71 that needs quite a bit of work to get it going.

So, plenty to keep me busy!

• RMweb Gold

Messing about with a couple of extra detail bits tonight, a couple of lamps and a shunter's pole.

The lamps are Dave Alexander's castings with handles added from .25mm wire, painted red and jewels nicked from some Springside lamps glued in. The shunter's pole is a length of .9mm wire filed to a point and bent round to a sort of hook and painted.

post-7104-0-33149700-1424388979_thumb.jpg

Just to show that the other side is done... and the lining on the bunker, this is guessing as the illustration I was following in North Eastern Record is a typical front/side view...

post-7104-0-63142800-1424388988_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

After a weekend away playing with Felton Lane in York (Ebor Group show) it's back to it tonight with some transfers on the C3. 

post-7104-0-48107300-1424729076_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-49263300-1424729289_thumb.jpg

I have recently bought a couple of these, Right Clamps, only took a few days to arrive from the USA and look really good, there is one slight problem in that the angle on the inside gets in the way for low sided wagons so a bit may need to be removed to get the soldering iron in.

post-7104-0-74892900-1424729099_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hello Paul,

I see what you mean about getting in now. You may be able to reduce the bottom band to about 1/8" but it could reduce the strength. One thing that you could do would be to screw another strip of 90deg. aluminium on the inside around the cut-out to add a bit of strength. The down side to this would be it would act as more of a heat sink.

OzzyO. 

• RMweb Gold

Hello Paul,

I see what you mean about getting in now. You may be able to reduce the bottom band to about 1/8" but it could reduce the strength. One thing that you could do would be to screw another strip of 90deg. aluminium on the inside around the cut-out to add a bit of strength. The down side to this would be it would act as more of a heat sink.

OzzyO. 

I think it will be take a bit out and see how it feels until I daren't take any more out!