Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

• RMweb Gold

My 2mm scale 15" and 16" Hunslets that I paid for at Railex arrived this morning - what beautiful little etches. I have quickly run a ruler over the scale drawing supplied and there shouldn't be too much of a problem getting a Nigel Lawton 8mm motor in the 16", the 15" is a bit tighter but I'll come up with a scheme as the 15" is the more attractive of the two so I'm keen to crack it.

Jerry

• Like 3

Hello,

I've purchased one of your kits from DEMU on Saturday and am so glad I did, What a kit. I've been waiting to get my hands on one for months.

Anyway next question, I'm eager to get started on ordering the bits I need to complete the kit.

Where is the best place to get the Buffers, Wheels (14MM plain disc), Mashima 10x24 Motor and Brachline 38:1 gearbox.

Regards

Mathew

• RMweb Premium

Kean Maygib buffers (available from Branchlines) fit this one better, otherwise Gibson. You must have buffers with a thin tail or you won't be able to fit them inside the frames. Full size buffers are usually fitted in line with frames (for obvious reasons) but we can't get model self contained ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael, 

Have you thought about supplying an etch of detail parts for the Hornby Sentinel eg. Swords, sentinel logos, sand box checker plates etc? 

Knowing you already supply a kit for this model as part of your range, hopefully it wouldn't be too much work to compile such an etch...

Paul A.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

well its not a JE kit but it has been built and painted by Mike.. another Industrial

post-7650-0-78629800-1439749837_thumb.jpg

Long boilered Kitson 0-6-0 and boy is it a peach of a loco

post-7650-0-98538800-1439749881_thumb.jpg

but far, far too clean! From some photos from Mike and his client I have managed  to turn it into ...

post-7650-0-65729900-1439749948_thumb.jpg

post-7650-0-01595600-1439749981_thumb.jpg

apologies for the cab roof. Mike left it loose so that I could weather inside the cab..

post-7650-0-11594400-1439750031_thumb.jpg

if only it was a kit....

• Like 12