Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

• RMweb Premium

woo hoo - come on Kitson join the pile of unbuilt kits... now where did I put the N5????

All exciting stuff - but I need to plug a 10100 'Fell' sized hole in my pioneer diesel fleet !!

Waiting patiently, (I don't do twisting ladies' arms - too well brought up) !!

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The one in Turin is a bit of a mess having no work done on it for years and been stood in flood water at their storage site. Went over last year with work and got a very Italian "NO" 

Unfortunately it's a bit big to stuff into the back of a Harrington Legionnaire coach.....

Hang on a minute lads, I've got a great idea... erm...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've finally finished building my B9 (although we have sold quite a few etches), all ready to run on Herculaneum Dock at Southampton this month.

post-1643-0-94071600-1452864383_thumb.jpg

Testing on the layout in unpainted condition.

post-1643-0-85398000-1452864435_thumb.jpg

post-1643-0-07146700-1452864468_thumb.jpg

The loco etch is still £30, as with most of the others no mouldings are provided. The tender is a full kit, only needs wheels and buffers, also £30.

Some news on the development front, test etch for 7mm PWM650 here now and in the queue to be built, etch design ready for Brush 0-4-0DE (D2999 and others) and Hunslet 14" 0-4-0ST. Hunslet 75T 0-6-0DE is a bit closer (and will be followed by the Scunthorpe Bo-Bo) to completion, also a second test etch here now for the Brush 0-6-0DE Tyne & Wear shunter.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Well at Warley I bought motor wheels ect for a PWM650 and.............

New year and my car needed an alternator and battery.

Looks like PMW650 will have to wait another month

• RMweb Premium

Brush 0-4-0DE will be 4mm, nearly all our kits start off in this scale.

Sentinel 0-6-0 is waiting in the pattern making queue but I want to do another test etch then, probably build one with the higher cab as the GKN locos.

Yes I turned the chimney and dome for the B9, I think the dome is a bit too flat though. Difficult to work out in the absence of any drawings for the various LNER modifications to GC boiler fittings.

• Like 2

Did you turn up your own chimney and dome for the B9, Mike, or are they available anywhere?

He always does his own.

For the rest of us mortals, we're going to struggle to find non-existent parts.

The Scalefour Society's John Bateson set up his own Great Central Models to cover a brief run of loco and tender kits, but I think he has ceased production now so I don't know if he has bits left over...

• RMweb Premium

I've finally finished building my B9 (although we have sold quite a few etches), all ready to run on Herculaneum Dock at Southampton this month.

Testing on the layout in unpainted condition.

61475 br.JPG

The loco etch is still £30, as with most of the others no mouldings are provided. The tender is a full kit, only needs wheels and buffers, also £30.

Mike,

the B9 looks lovely. I can see why you might think the dome is a touch flat, but only a touch and it would be perfect for 1476/7!

Any chance of the B9 and D10 etches being available in 2mm?

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's the first request we've had for those in 2mm - no reason why not.

Well you've a firm order for 2 each of the D10 and B9 along with tenders should you choose to go ahead and do them.

Simon Grand

• RMweb Premium

The other half of the test etch sheet for the Fowler 2-6-2T was taken up with etches for this.

post-1643-0-17581800-1453977512_thumb.jpg

The LNER V4 was an order for a customer, the usual parts were etched, not the boiler and firebox as usual. There were a number of serious errors/omissions in this etch, it was added in a bit of a hurry, and some modified parts have been added to the next test etch. We may have one (only one) of these for sale at Nottingham in March. If there is sufficient demand we'll put it into production as an aid to scratchbuilding rather than a complete kit - same as most of the GC stuff.

Machined brass boiler fittings as usual but I have taken moulds from the chimney and dome this time, the V4 dome does take some time to produce.

post-1643-0-88939100-1453977855_thumb.jpg

post-1643-0-42450000-1453977885_thumb.jpg

I didn't notice the detached union link until I looked at this photo!

post-1643-0-15290200-1453977826_thumb.jpg

• Like 6