Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

Can I ask What glue would recommend for your ectes? as I have never really been happy with the ones I've used before. Only asking as I have just posted a order for the ecth of the limousine fowler 2 - 6 - 4t. I couldn't resist any longer.

Hi, just spotted this and have read the replies. I've used the Fowler 2-6-4 conversion etchings several years ago, very good and do the job well. I sanded both the etching and the Hornby tank side enough to get a rough enough surface then used a thin layer of 24 hr Araldite and held it together with plastic spring clips until the adhesive set. It's still held together several years later.

However, Michael's recommendation of superglue to get a very thin layer I expect may well be easier, just saying what worked for me.

Conversion worth doing if it's a loco you want.

One reason for araldite was that I only had the body, not the Hornby chassis.   I had to reinforce the body with aluminium strips inside to make it rigid when I cut the cab about, and I used araldite for that.  Normally the chassis holds the body while you do this.

Bill

• RMweb Premium

No timescale for the EM1 but tests for the new layout went well so I'm going to need some.

Sentinel 0-6-0 progressed a bit at York, Brush 0-4-0 DE is on the drawing board.

7mm RH 165DE 0-6-0 test etch is ordered but the Fell is stalled at the moment.

No plans at all for more Stanier Pacific's.

The D10 is now a production item, as is the B9, both will be on the website soon.

That doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to be modelled though - does it?

I'd love a Stannier 2-6-2...and I can think of several others who would be after one. I was hoping that those who published the Midland Record (I think - anyway Wild Swan/Cygnet) would have brought a book out for these...I still hope that they do. GA's are so helpful!

Mike

• RMweb Premium

You're welcome.

I seem to recall reading that the Stanier attempt at a 2-6-2T was almost as hopeless as the Fowler one.

Stanier 2-6-2T is of some interest to me so I might.....

They were by all accounts gutless (although I never travelled behind one) apart from the 5 which had bigger boilers. They were still a lot better than the bread vans though.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Does Judith Edge do custom etches for kits? If so how can I contact them (cannot see any website)?

I need a pantograph kit designed. I have all necessary measurements and can probably get more details if required.

Regards,

JBM.

What's the pantograph you are looking for? We already have quite a big range.

Mike and Judith

No timescale for the EM1 but tests for the new layout went well so I'm going to need some.

Sentinel 0-6-0 progressed a bit at York, Brush 0-4-0 DE is on the drawing board.

7mm RH 165DE 0-6-0 test etch is ordered but the Fell is stalled at the moment.

No plans at all for more Stanier Pacific's.

The D10 is now a production item, as is the B9, both will be on the website soon.

Hi Mike,

By Brush 0-4-0 DE, please tell me that you mean one of these:

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/industriallocomotive/h6EF00CD#h6ef00cd

Fingers crossed....

Cheers

Alastair

A Stanier 3MT would be well received here. For some reason, these reportedly disappointing locos found a niche on ex-Caledonian routes in Glasgow and its southern hinterland.

That'll ding dang do for me! :-)

Dave.

Hi Mike,

By Brush 0-4-0 DE, please tell me that you mean one of these:

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/industriallocomotive/h6EF00CD#h6ef00cd

Fingers crossed....

Cheers

Alastair

Sorry to disappoint Alastair, but it's one of these;

http://johnlaw.railfan.net/jlphoto.cgi?brush87parkgateiandsteelwks69.jpg

Smaller than those at Margam and within the UK loading gauge. Used at Park Gate Iron & Steel and British Railways had one used around Stratford, London.

• Like 1

....the Fell is stalled at the moment......

At RailEx, Mike brought out the D10 to be shown on the stand. As he went through the storage boxes looking for it, I spotted a weird looking structure on a lengthy eight-coupled chassis, and wondered if indeed this was the bare bones of a Fell?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

At RailEx, Mike brought out the D10 to be shown on the stand. As he went through the storage boxes looking for it, I spotted a weird looking structure on a lengthy eight-coupled chassis, and wondered if indeed this was the bare bones of a Fell?

Yes it was, you should have asked to look at it. We've had it on display a few times, work  on it stalled at the moment.