The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

5 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I always thought this bloke had a funny name.

Dick Spring. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Spring

Then there's the other obvious politician, Ed Balls who sounds a bit like a footballer out of Viz. I won't mention Lady Thatcher.....

Jason

Or Teresa May, only she didn't!

• Funny 2

No sign I'm afraid but carrying on the theme, a site I worked on in the 70s had a Roy Rogers regularly called over the PA system.

A colleague I started with on the same day was christened Richard Edward, always known as Ted

Edited by great central
Should read before posting
  • Like 2

All my children (4*) were born at Lister Hospital, in Stevenage, all were registered at the

council office for Births, Deaths and Marriages (or whatever it's called), over a 10 year period.

All the entries were written up by the same women, Mrs. De'ath!

* I know, but once I found out what was causing it, I put a stop to it! :rolleyes:

Edited by jcm@gwr
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, jcm@gwr said:

All my children (4*) were born at Lister Hospital, in Stevenage, all were registered at the

council office for Births, Deaths and Marriages (or whatever it's called), over a 10 year period.

All the entries were written up by the same women, Mrs. De'arth!

* I know, but once I found out what was causing it, I put a stop to it! :rolleyes:

A decent television works out considerably cheaper in the long run!

Mike.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, jcm@gwr said:

All the entries were written up by the same women, Mrs. De'ath!

1 hour ago, ChrisN said:

My son had a history teacher called Miss King, Miss Jo King.  She got married after a while, and became Mrs De'ath.

I don't know if they are still in business but there was an undertaker's with the name De'ath. IIRC there was also a Dr. De'ath.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

There was an office prank that did the rounds a while back whereby you would leave a note on a gullible colleagues desk telling them that they had a missed call and could they call back on 0131 334 9171 and ask for a Mr C. Lyons. 

0131 334 9171 is the number for Edinburgh Zoo

I remember pulling that one on a colleague back in the late 80's!

Edited by Gareth Collier
  • Like 1