RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

10 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.a3c3cc68237b07724659ec79a31fc400.png

reminds me of this from my local co-op 11 years back

null-2119.jpg

whilst looking for that pic in my photobucket I found these too, poabably posted in this thread about 11 years ago but worth another airing 

FDB37BA2-6EC6-41A5-AA42-FF5F595ADD5B-840

AE5D3F5B-B917-4AE2-857F-6968E20B78BC-300

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, The Johnster said:

That looks like the work of a grefflog.  What's a grefflog?  Nobody knows that has lived to tell the tale, but they eat their victims whole and leave no trace.  Their favourite food is children who wander off the path on hikes despite what their parents told them.

Fearlessly the intrepid adventurers set forth.  They were never seen again..

Sort of Welsh haggis with an eat before you're eaten attitude?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Sort of Welsh haggis with an eat before you're eaten attitude?

Possibly.  Could be anything really, all that is known of them is that their habitat is the National Park mountains and waterfall walks, and that they are a) big enough to devour their victims whole, leaving no trace, and b) well camouflaged and able to hide in plain sight; as I say, nobody has ever seen one and lived to tell the tale.  There are several theories but mine is that they are in fact an animated and sentient (and always hungry) part of the land surface itself that simply opens a mouth full of teeth (the teeth have more teeth on them, and are prehensile) and swallows you, and the important point to remember, children, is that you are never seen again!

I have found them very useful for controlling wandering children and even teenagers in areas like the Ystradfellte waterfall country where everything in the landscape wants to kill you, cliffs, scree slopes, fast-flowing rivers, waterfalls, caves, hidden potholes, sound like anywhere you want to go walking?

Remember what limestone is made of?  Bones and dead things.

• Like 6
  • Funny 1

21 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Remember what limestone is made of?  Bones and dead things.

Dead things, yes, some of which are the bones of dead sea creatures and imprints of plants.  Fragments of corals and whole foraminifera are the main constituents...

You find dead things in coal too, from the vast carboniferous era forests! Coal is all dead trees, Ents perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, F-UnitMad said:

It's that sort of post that reminds us all of why The Johnster is such a carefree, happy-go-lucky sort of person.... 😉 👍 😁

It's what keeps me going as I embrace the long decline of age, decrepitude, failing health, probable Alzheimer's, and the final, merciful and so welcome, release of death...

As applied to Grefflogs and limestone, perhaps the sentient limestone feeds on calcium, which it loses as soft acidic water from the Old Red Sandstone bogs above it on the mountains dissolves it from underneath, and which it obtains from the skeletons of it's prey, the unwanted chemical content of any flesh and squishy bits being deposited as impurities in stalactites and stalagmites.  The rock wants your bones because it is hungry!!! 

Don't have nightmares, now, children.  On the other hand, perhaps, do; be afraid, be a very fraid...

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

It's what keeps me going as I embrace the long decline of age, decrepitude, failing health, probable Alzheimer's, and the final, merciful and so welcome, release of death...

As applied to Grefflogs and limestone, perhaps the sentient limestone feeds on calcium, which it loses as soft acidic water from the Old Red Sandstone bogs above it on the mountains dissolves it from underneath, and which it obtains from the skeletons of it's prey, the unwanted chemical content of any flesh and squishy bits being deposited as impurities in stalactites and stalagmites.  The rock wants your bones because it is hungry!!! 

Don't have nightmares, now, children.  On the other hand, perhaps, do; be afraid, be a very fraid...

Definitely wandering....  🫢

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, steve1 said:

steve 

AA676DEA-D8C0-4BA2-BDB6-8EF0899EAE55.jpeg

That's worse than when the Nat West bank had a department called Trustee & Income Tax Services many years ago. Everything was fine with that title until we had a meeting in a venue that abbreviated the name to "Nat West TITS" . The name of this department was changed not long after.

• Like 1
  • Funny 9