EBay madness

Marcyg

33 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

So he doesn't know his diesel loco classes 

I can't recall what D67's name is, but I know it's not D210 Empress of Wherever. 

There's ignorance and there's total doziness.

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Pitlochry TMD said:

There seems to be no rhyme or reason for anything happening on ebay, some people charging the earth and refusing to budge, not selling,........

This one (and several more) from a knick-knack dealer up for at least the fourth time..... Nobody but nobody is going to start bidding at this price for this 'old school' stuff good as they were in their day.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHOENIX-KIT-SR-MAUNSELL-59-PUSH-PULL-OPEN-2nd-DIA-D1068-BR-CONV-SRG-PAIR-BOGIES/143713649991?hash=item2176004547%3Ag%3ANEoAAOSwvbZegf-D&LH_Auction=1 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

I had to google the number - it's a class 45?

According to Ramsay's British Model Trains Catalogue D210 Empress of Britain was made in 1978,a class 40 1Co-Co1 diesel in BR green which looks to be what is advertised. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, DK123GWR said:

The image shows a different loco.

Opps, I missed that! But Jouef only made class 40 and a fake class 42 so that leaves the question as to what make of loco is really being offered for sale. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Opps, I missed that! But Jouef only made class 40 and a fake class 42 so that leaves the question as to what make of loco is really being offered for sale. 

He also has a listing for a Mainline 45.  Looks like he has copied the details and  edited it incorrectly. 

Afraid I've done that myself from time to time when listing a lot if items.  Looks to me like an honest mistake.

My guess is that he has both a 45 and a 40 for sale.  I'm not after either myself, but if I were I would send him a message on ebay and ask.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

4 hours ago, Bucoops said:

In the last couple of weeks one of these went for £16 and one for £34.

Or you could buy this one if you're REALLY desperate!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mailcoach-MC17-LNER-Tourist-Stock-Buffet-Car-Kit/313206838706?hash=item48ec9515b2:g:1GgAAOSwW21etAwG

That's past D&S money.

Err....no thanks!

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

He also has a listing for a Mainline 45.  Looks like he has copied the details and  edited it incorrectly. 

Afraid I've done that myself from time to time when listing a lot if items.  Looks to me like an honest mistake.

My guess is that he has both a 45 and a 40 for sale.  I'm not after either myself, but if I were I would send him a message on ebay and ask.

Quite likely, as the one in the picture looks like - Mainline 37068 OO Gauge BR Green Class 45 D52 The Lancashire Fusilier.

Julian

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I know Farish Large Logo 37/4's are quite sought after but seventy five sheets just for the body shell?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-FARISH-REWORKED-CLASS-37-BODY-SHELL-ONLY-DRS-L-L-No2/184433794332?hash=item2af11c5d1c:g:n2YAAOSwYkdfU2aU

Extracting the urine!!!!

(Oh and there is two of them!)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Re6/6 said:

This one (and several more) from a knick-knack dealer up for at least the fourth time..... Nobody but nobody is going to start bidding at this price for this 'old school' stuff good as they were in their day.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHOENIX-KIT-SR-MAUNSELL-59-PUSH-PULL-OPEN-2nd-DIA-D1068-BR-CONV-SRG-PAIR-BOGIES/143713649991?hash=item2176004547%3Ag%3ANEoAAOSwvbZegf-D&LH_Auction=1 

The first thing I do if I'm listing something is search for something similar which has sold, to get an idea of price.  Not difficult to do, and if the guy is a knick knack dealer who's not into model railways surely its the obvious thing to do.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

Some ancient kit with a lithographed tin body perhaps? 

Unusual, probably a rarity and quite possibly worthless. But I could be wrong. Those weird buckeye looking couplings are something I haven't seen before. 

Can anyone shed any light on this wagon?

Edited by MrWolf
Attack of the grammar nazis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Unusual, probably a rarity and quite possibly worthless. But I could be wrong. Those weird buckeye looking couplings are something I haven't seen before. 

Never ceases to amaze me where all this 'world beating' sh@te appears from....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I noticed that some weight markings are in Kilograms and there's something Germanic about the writing. Marklin perhaps?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I noticed that some weight markings are in Kilograms and there's something Germanic about the writing. Marklin perhaps?

You might be right about European origins.

On a more disturbing note, because I looked at it again they have just offered it to me for the "bargain price" of £11 plus £3.95 post.

Er.

No.

Edited by MrWolf

• RMweb Gold
On 05/09/2020 at 11:04, Michael Hodgson said:

I just have pointed out the photo is not what is described.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 05/09/2020 at 18:43, cessna152towser said:

This has been on eBay a few times and despite low start price has remained unsold.
Hardly surprising perhaps when the description is of a Hornby item although the illustrated wagon is clearly marked LIMA.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-S6339-BR-20T-BRAKE-VAN-B952698-20-TON-OO-GAUGE-MADE-IN-GREAT-BRITAIN/174416975061?hash=item289c0fd4d5:g:OjAAAOSwmp5fMlNC

Perhaps the appearance of rust on the wheels, puts would be buyers off? Although unlikely to be rust, as Lima wheels were brass.

Better off to sell as a batch of 4 wagons or similar.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The quoted listing description is a fabrication by eBay, using text from the actual listing...

In this case, including links to other items for sale.

You might also like

(photo)

OO / HO Gauge Athearn 1750ATH-KB 40' Quad Hopper 'Leigh Valley' kit

(photo)

OO Gauge Hornby / Triang R131 Coach Transcontinental Coach 10724

(photo)

OO Gauge Hornby R3415 Class J15 0-6-0 65477 in BR black with early emblem

In this case the items for sale in the linked listing are refinished Hornby Dublo coaches in a North London Railway?, NLR livery.

Edited by Sarahagain
Tidying...
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1