EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, kernowtim said:

I don't know exactly why but I quite like that!!

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, kernowtim said:

I have two of them but in the Italian RR color scheme with the running turtle logo. I took the power truck out of one and installed it in the other one, then wired the two motors in series and it ran quite well at reasonable speeds. The other became a dummy for double-shotting when I desired to do so.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jcredfer said:

There is a Hornby BR Class 90 Bo-Bo 90135 and it is Railroad, too.  Probably just a simple error with loading the picture and not checking afterwards.

Julian

Hi Julian...

It is a little more complicated than that...

A lot of the listing text is correct for the J50 photo...

BR Class 90 Bo Bo 90135 Era 8

Gauge :00

DCC Type :DCC Ready

Operator/Livery :Early BR, Plain Black

Class :J50

Designer :Sir Nigel Gresley

Age Suitability 14+

Wheel Configuration :0-6-0T

Our Hornby RailRoad collection provides a perfect entry into the exciting world of 00 gauge railway modelling. Designed to be less easily damaged, yet maintaining attractive detailing and accurate liveries, the range is ideal for both the younger enthusiast and experienced modeller.

The Gresley designed J50 Class eventually comprised 102 locomotives, with design variations such as brakes, driving positions, boilers and bunker sizes resulting in four class parts. Serving across the LNER from Eastfield in Scotland, to Cambridge, where there was hard work to be done, a J50 was invariably on hand to do it.

Built new in 1922 and 1924, twenty locomotives of the LNER J50 Class utilised a stock of second hand standard 4' 5" boilers, becoming J50/2 and by 1926 had become the company's Group Standard type. Fifty two more locomotives were built, thirty eight at Doncaster Works as J50/3 and fourteen at Gorton, as J50/4, between 1926 and 1939. 
The thirty GNR J23 locomotives from 1914-1919 were eventually re-classified by the LNER as J50/ 1s.

It’s only the listing and details title heading (Class 90) that is wrong, along with the cut and pasted Hornby spiel about the Railroad range...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Andy WD said:

Remaining with this, for those of us of a certain age the seller is interesting. Once upon a time the Hobbies Annual would have been a staple purchase each annual, along with the visit to Gamages with their railway catalogue.

The description on the Hobbies site is correct but interestingly the price (inc P&P) is slightly higher than on e-bay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Hi Julian...

It is a little more complicated than that...

A lot of the listing text is correct for the J50 photo...

It’s only the listing and details title heading (Class 90) that is wrong, along with the cut and pasted Hornby spiel about the Railroad range...

Interesting, thank you, I had fallen into the trap of reading what was being referred to and not completed the job properly.  It does rather look like some hasty posting, which got mixed half-way through the job.  Which for my sins, I managed to do too!

B****r!!

Julian

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

4 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

The previous Murdoch sale seems to have been genuine with feedback left for seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/bearbabe69?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER&_trksid=p2047675.l2560

I see a previous offering from this seller was just a little bit more exotic? "Padded Victoria Secret Aztec Bikini Top"!

• Funny 2

1 minute ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I see a previous offering from this seller was just a little bit more exotic? "Padded Victoria Secret Aztec Bikini Top"!

And very happy with it I am too.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, micklner said:

Yeah I watched that batch go for silly money!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I don't know about rare, I do remember the LMS 4F 0-6-0 there being about the most godawful thing on rails when I was a little kid. The magazine reviews weren't great. I think it was a big nail in the coffin of British outline HO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I don't know about rare, I do remember the LMS 4F 0-6-0 there being about the most godawful thing on rails when I was a little kid. The magazine reviews weren't great. I think it was a big nail in the coffin of British outline HO.

I don't think that was a big nail, more a stake through the heart!

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

18 minutes ago, Andy WD said:

I don't think that was a big nail, more a stake through the heart!

I was TRYING to be diplomatic for a change. :D

I'll stick with my usual approach of confusing the word "subtlety" with "blitzkrieg". 

It's so much easier. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

Seller cncsports on eBay - what a chancer!

Lima L149916 - Class 43 HST power car in Virgin livery BIN price of £69.99

Lima L149916 - Class 43 HST dummy power car and mk3 coach in Virgin livery BIN price of £69.99

So, basically, he has taken the power car from the set and sold it separately even listing the same Lima manufacturing number and so effectively wants £139.98 for the three car set!

In the description, s/he says "unfortunately no box" which does puzzle me, as how does he know that all three items had the same number in the first place?!

I'm in one of those moods - I think I shall message him/her!!

HOURS OF FUN!

• Like 2
  • Funny 3