EBay madness

Marcyg

3 minutes ago, 009 micro modeller said:

Doesn’t he claim he’s doing the eBay sales to finance his Studebakers? Or am I thinking of someone else?

You're correct, that's where the 'stude' bit of his handle originates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 009 micro modeller said:

Doesn’t he claim he’s doing the eBay sales to finance his Studebakers? Or am I thinking of someone else?

That would make sense of his eBay handle Go Stude. 

I do hope that he has the good taste to make his Studebaker one of the pre 1960 models. The Avanti, though rare, is evidence that the cracks were beginning to show in the American auto industry.

1 hour ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

Well Wierd....

Every listing in this users other items is the same amazing price..... :sorry_mini:

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Typo...
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Well Wierd....

Every listing in this users other items is the same amazing price..... :sorry_mini:

It would make more sense if he was selling multiple examples of the same thing but didn’t have any in stock (so put up the price temporarily to stop people buying them) but this seems very strange.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Well Wierd....

I guess it is very reassuring to know that

"Postage will be by Hermes Tracked delivery at no extra cost to the buyer."

I would have thought he could have got another few hundred quid for the postage :mocking_mini:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

I have heard that old signal box registers are quite rare. (Don't know whether that is right or not).

Apparently they were stored in the signal box, somewhere, and when the box was closed and demolished they were just disposed of.

(This came from one of the True Line mags, (Caledonian Railway Association)).

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

2 sets of Peco 7mm buffers, normally around £8 each new, so £16 the pair. Not hard to come by.

Were £4 with an hour to go, went up to £10 with a minute left, late flurry saw them sell for £21 plus postage - well over the new price.

Given it is a bit foolish to wait till nearly the end but then leave a minute for people to outbid you, i do wonder if the £10 was a tempter to get someone bidding higher - which has obviously worked in this case!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

2 sets of Peco 7mm buffers, normally around £8 each new, so £16 the pair. Not hard to come by.

Were £4 with an hour to go, went up to £10 with a minute left, late flurry saw them sell for £21 plus postage - well over the new price.

Given it is a bit foolish to wait till nearly the end but then leave a minute for people to outbid you, i do wonder if the £10 was a tempter to get someone bidding higher - which has obviously worked in this case!

Peco= *L@@K* RARE these days...............

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Peco= *L@@K* RARE these days...............

Thanks - prompted me to check and immediately picked up two up for £15.

33% discount on that auction!

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Instinct is telling me that the two bidders who slogged it out for this one may just have failed to read the description properly as that is an awful lot of cash to part with just for an old Poole tooling Farish body with a mediocre repaint job....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRAHAM-FARISH-N-GAUGE-CLASS-20-BODY-RAILFREIGHT-20074-DIESEL-LOCOMOTIVE-/353259430523?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=vr1D8EACg4kctcoHqADBhQjTx7Q%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

• Like 2
  • Agree 2