EBay madness

Marcyg

Interesting one that. I can imagine it truly is one of a kind in terms of its position in the design chain, but is it worth £500?

I'm more surprised it's in the hands of a private collector, to be frank. Do Hornby normally sell off their pre-production models...?

....or has someone just stripped off the paint on a standard model, and then hoicked-up the price?

Would you give £500 for this? It isn't even painted!! (Yes, I do know it's one of a kind, but I'm a user, not a hoarder - I appreciate it might have rarity value to the latter).

Right, bye bye chaps, I'm off to strip the paint off my models and sell them all for £500 each. See you in Barbados.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ab420ec8a

Well, at least this 'realistic' hedge is cheap enough... (Although it looks less like a hedge and more like a bit of stripwood rolled in green scatter to me ;) )

If that's the "deluxe" hedge, I'd like to see his standard model - presumably a piece of stripwood coloured in with a green felt tip pen. Or maybe he also does a 'budget' range, i.e. just a piece of stripwood.

• Like 1

.....If that's the "deluxe" hedge, I'd like to see his standard model - presumably a piece of stripwood coloured in with a green felt tip pen. Or maybe he also does a 'budget' range, i.e. just a piece of stripwood.

Nah, it looks more like a pack of fish fingers that have gone waaaaaay past their use-by date.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If only those that put up railway model rubbish and their half-witted jibberish descriptions, also our friends from the 'antique' trade were to look on here, I wonder if it would make them think when they saw the ridicle that they expose themselves to...............probably not........!

• Like 1

Would you give £500 for this? It isn't even painted!! (Yes, I do know it's one of a kind, but I'm a user, not a hoarder - I appreciate it might have rarity value to the latter).

I asked the seller if he had any documentation to back this up.

His reply

No certificate as this came as part of a job lot of trains I purchased a few years ago.

You can see I have been selling on E-bay for a number of years by looking at my other site TRAINZNTRACK09.

I only have this account as I get the free listing weekends and it saves me upto £40 a month in fees.

Hope the pictures are enough proof.

Am I mad, or does it bear a passing resemblance to the POP test vehicles?

Edit - Madness / curiousity got the better of me. I've put a bid on. :D

I saw that someone had bid on it, my thought was "they must have thought the wheels are worth 99p".

Anyway if you are the successful bidder, will you be posting some pictures of it in "The Realistic models section" ?

• Like 3

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_4805wt_1348 I'm sorry, somebody paid HOW MUCH for a Bachmann N?! The normal eBay value for a decent one being £45-£55... Something I'm missing?

There's also http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-Standard-Class-4MT-steam-loco-BR-Black-No-80088-/230745551067?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D260955778571%252B260955778571%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6400333905903404909#ht_500wt_1363 , though actually I love monstrosities such as this - as I have a project in mind which will require a repaint anyway, it's one to watch!

Edited by 37255

I saw that someone had bid on it, my thought was "they must have thought the wheels are worth 99p".

Anyway if you are the successful bidder, will you be posting some pictures of it in "The Realistic models section" ?

It depends on what I can make of it when / if it arrives!

watch that space!! :no:

I asked the seller if he had any documentation to back this up.

His reply

No certificate as this came as part of a job lot of trains I purchased a few years ago.

You can see I have been selling on E-bay for a number of years by looking at my other site TRAINZNTRACK09.

I only have this account as I get the free listing weekends and it saves me upto £40 a month in fees.

Hope the pictures are enough proof.

So he is a business seller using a private account? trying to sidestep VAT and distance selling regs...

The livery suits it I think... *ducks*

Edited by Kelly
  • Like 2