EBay madness

Marcyg

He's got lots of other junk damaged items at silly prices too!

eg a tatty Dinky double deck bus with no wheels for only £9.99! - They're usually about half that with wheels!

Or a telephone box in terminal decay for the same price! :O

Or even a three footed collie to go with the bench? (Britains I think.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEAD-DOG-KENNEL-COLLIE-DOG-NO-IDEA-4-MAKER-/150625472309?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item2311fa4f35

Edited by Il Grifone

Or perhaps Coachman deleted it? My curiosity is aroused though. What did it say Nth degree?

It was a nice bit of history mainly, with a credit to his deceased colleague. It was very informative.

If I've stepped on anyone's toes by stating the contents, even in a very vague way, please feel free to delete this post.

• Like 1

He's got lots of other junk damaged items at silly prices too!

eg a tatty Dinky double deck bus with no wheels for only £9.99! - They're usually about half that with wheels!

Or a telephone box in terminal decay for the same price! :O

Or even a three footed collie to go with the bench? (Britains I think.)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2311fa4f35

Or a man with no head and only one arm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-LEAD-RAILWAY-PORTER-NEEDING-ARM-HEAD-IDEAL-4-A-TRAIN-LAYOUT-OLD-SEE-THE-PHOTOS-/360445288942?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item53ec36a1ee#ht_2943wt_1165

• RMweb Premium

I do not understand the madness that exists for Wrenn models. They have all been superseeded by far supeior (and cheaper) models and as far as I am concerned are only fit for parts and/or battering and rusting up as part of a scrap yard scene. That is what I would do with it if I picked it up for under thirty quid... :butcher:

Forty quid tops...

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 2

OK, it's Wrenn and it's in good nick, but geez, £375? :O

Or if you have slightly less deep pockets and are willing to consider Hornby, gostude to the rescue!

Worth every penny £300 to £400. :yes:

Ah but look at the detail of that amputation wound. Scale sutures and healing scars. :jester:

Its obvious it was done by a surgeon.You must make allowances for that in the final figure.

I do not understand the madness that exists for Wrenn models. They have all been superseeded by far supeior (and cheaper) models and as far as I am concerned are only fit for parts and/or battering and rusting up as part of a scrap yard scene. That is what I would do with it if I picked it up for under thirty quid... :butcher:

Forty quid tops...

I take it you're not a Wrenn collector :read:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Yes it is a bit much to begin with but you have to see who's selling it as well. They recently had some Lawrence & Goddard OO gauge coaches on auction at crazy prices which didn't sell I would say. Lawrence & Goddard items are highly thought of as some of their work is superb but not at this price. Maybe a few years ago items like this might have reached this price at auctions end but not now.

Look at these items here. Some superb models but look at the prices & look at who's selling them :jester: Pure madness.

http://www.ebay.ie/s...6.c0.m270.l1313

Very true - those prices are way over the top. You can normally reckon on dealers buying them in at auction for about £110-150 each (hammer price) and the middle range is about £120-130, occasionally with minor damage although inevitably sound paintwork at that kind of money. They are well worth buying if you've got the cash and the fancy for them - but not at those Ebay b.i.n. prices.

Forty quid tops...

Agreed. Is it really 'modelling', in the true sense of the word, to buy a far inferior model to those available at a fraction of the cost, then refuse to make any alterations to it?

Edited by 37255

Agreed. Is it really 'modelling', in the true sense of the word, to buy a far inferior model to those available at a fraction of the cost, then refuse to make any alterations to it?

Its collecting in a lot of cases.Some people are collectors of certain manufacturers items for various reasons personal or otherwise. Its not all down to the quality of a model. In a lot of cases its down to the history of the models. or they may have a personal involvement in a persons life in some way.These people might never have had a layout. Their interest is purely in the history of a model.

Others are involved in Model Railways as just a hobby & some people do a bit of both.

• Like 2

Forty quid tops...

My sentiments exactly....... :sungum:

£375 is quite reasonable (not to me I hasten to add!) for a Wrenn West country - I've seen them at over £600.

Just the body here

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ebd4bafb7

or this one :O

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4167f504b9

First one is a bit optimistic. Second one is not to bad if it could be got on the lower end of the price range as there are some nice Pullmans in the set but to rich for me.

Edited by amdaley