Good buy from Ebay

Unchuffed

• RMweb Gold

I have GOT to stop buying SEF N7 kits :D

£56 with no instructions but with Markits drivers and Gibson trailing. However the drivers are 16 spoke instead of 15. I can't work out what they are supposed to be for as I can't find that size (19mm) with that spoke count in the catalogue. The trailing axle seems to be correct however.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Bucoops said:

£56 with no instructions but with Markits drivers and Gibson trailing. However the drivers are 16 spoke instead of 15. I can't work out what they are supposed to be for as I can't find that size (19mm) with that spoke count in the catalogue. The trailing axle seems to be correct however.

I placed a bid for that one too - only the snipe tool had other ideas and threw a wobbly and never carried out the instruction..... :angry:

Win some. lose some...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Sorry :(

No apology necessary - it could be you've saved it from many moons on The Great Kit Mountain....:laugh:

Maybe you'll show us the build or end result sometime?  I hope it gives you lots of fun

Cheers,

Bear

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Sorry :(

2 hours ago, polybear said:

No apology necessary - it could be you've saved it from many moons on The Great Kit Mountain....:laugh:

Maybe you'll show us the build or end result sometime?  I hope it gives you lots of fun

Cheers,

Bear

Or many moons on a different kit mountain?

• Funny 2

14 hours ago, Bucoops said:

11 hours ago, polybear said:

I placed a bid for that one too - only the snipe tool had other ideas and threw a wobbly and never carried out the instruction..... :angry:

Win some. lose some...

I have been collecting a few of these for some time, it started with an old Wills kit with Full GER livery with a part scratch built EM gauge chassis, I now have four N7's Two wills kits in full GER livers being converted into SEF  specifications to EM gauge (one is for a friend ) and two which are SEF but I am undecided on liveries. I have been farming the odd kit for chassis/wheels/motors and or boxes. Just sold one which donated wheels and a box to my pile

As I said I do have two older Wills kits built and painted and lined better than I could do, just needing a decent chassis and a few extra parts, these tend to be great value

• Like 2

I have just bought an unbuilt Craftsman GCR A5 etched kit with a set of Markit wheels for just over £51 + postage, a few weeks back these without wheels were selling at £80 or more plus postage. In short I have paid what a new set of Markit wheels sell for and I have a loco kit into the bargain

I love big tank locos and this one is for the I might build it pile, something I would like to build but at a price I can guarantee to resell at if I decide not to build it

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

First time in ages I might have got a good deal. I messaged the seller with the 2 London Road 2-4-2's and she had just put them both up for sale as a job lot. I offered 85 for the two and the lot was changed to a buy it now and job done. There are buffers missing and some screws but as one kit costs over £100 to get two for less than that which have not been built is wonderful. I only wanted the round top so in time the belpaire will get sold on.  

• Like 6

9 hours ago, hayfield said:

I have just bought an unbuilt Craftsman GCR A5 etched kit with a set of Markit wheels for just over £51 + postage, a few weeks back these without wheels were selling at £80 or more plus postage. In short I have paid what a new set of Markit wheels sell for and I have a loco kit into the bargain

I love big tank locos and this one is for the I might build it pile, something I would like to build but at a price I can guarantee to resell at if I decide not to build it

I wondered what that would go for - nice one.  (I have one in the roundtuit pile, so was just curious...). There was an unbuilt Nucast kit a few days ago too - but a BIN of GBP74.99 was, I felt, a bit hopeful. It was also "best offer", but I don't know if it actually sold or just got taken down.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

First time in ages I might have got a good deal. I messaged the seller with the 2 London Road 2-4-2's and she had just put them both up for sale as a job lot. I offered 85 for the two and the lot was changed to a buy it now and job done. There are buffers missing and some screws but as one kit costs over £100 to get two for less than that which have not been built is wonderful. I only wanted the round top so in time the belpaire will get sold on.  

Looks to be a great buy and buffers are easy to find, hopefully with a decent listing the proceeds from the resale of the unwanted kit will make a hefty dent in the acquisition costs. eBay reduced fees offer received this morning 

• Like 2

Don’t know if this is the place to post this, but this looks quite a bargain - a complete Inglenook shunting puzzle layout for just over £200?!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/00-gauge-model-railway-layout-complete-with-fiddle-yard-/313886500910?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I think it’s finished to a fair standard, even counting using Metcalfe kits as the bulk of the structures! Great ready-made solution for anyone wanting somewhere to occasionally run their loco/stock collection, albeit not much use for coaches! LOL

It’s been up for a while now - wonder why nobody has bid?

Steve S

(The seller hasn’t posted on RMWeb, but I am certain I’ve seen it before on Facebook etc)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Don’t know if this is the place to post this, but this looks quite a bargain - a complete Inglenook shunting puzzle layout for just over £200?!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/00-gauge-model-railway-layout-complete-with-fiddle-yard-/313886500910?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I think it’s finished to a fair standard, even counting using Metcalfe kits as the bulk of the structures! Great ready-made solution for anyone wanting somewhere to occasionally run their loco/stock collection, albeit not much use for coaches! LOL

Steve S

(The seller hasn’t posted on RMWeb, but I am certain I’ve seen it before on Facebook etc)

Yes its been on Facebook with another layout from the same guy which I purchased. I've put in a bid for it now. It comes without any transformer/controller, basically a shunting layout.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Steve S

Why are you promoting something that you are not buying? Just asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, 96701 said:

Why are you promoting something that you are not buying? Just asking for a friend.

I’ve done the same a few times in this thread with things that catch my eye that quite simply just don’t interest me be it because of the era, gauge or whatever, but may be of interest to someone else, nice to share the love as it were

of course I do the opposite and say nothing when there is something I want that I don’t want everyone else to be aware of to push the price up! 

as for the linked to layout, if it was closer to home I’d be watching it for a cheeky bid myself! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, big jim said:

I’ve done the same a few times in this thread with things that catch my eye that quite simply just don’t interest me be it because of the era, gauge or whatever, but may be of interest to someone else, nice to share the love as it were

of course I do the opposite and say nothing when there is something I want that I don’t want everyone else to be aware of to push the price up! 

as for the linked to layout, if it was closer to home I’d be watching it for a cheeky bid myself! 

Thanks Jim. I hadn't thought of that perspective. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, big jim said:

9 hours ago, 96701 said:

Thanks Jim. I hadn't thought of that perspective. 

So far I'm the only bidder, and only one day to go. As I said above I know the seller and he lives but a short distance from me so no problems collecting it.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2022 at 09:19, SteveyDee68 said:

I'm intrigued as to what normally flows through the wires in a SCART lead?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

My (brand new) TV uses SCART plugs to connect to the cable TV box. They are a (very) tight fit.

They won't be if you have to unplug them a few times. Horrible things.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 27/02/2022 at 09:19, SteveyDee68 said:

Steve S

I made a bid and I was the only bidder and it is now mine. Just have to collect it later this week.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

An Alexander models 10800 for £58, very pleased with that even with no power bogies, especially considering some one has a q kits version listed for £125, and the last alexander models version I followed sold for over £150

• Like 4