The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

I think that driver has moved over here ;)  BTW the best place I've ever come across for parallel parking is Paris but the key idea there is to park in a space which is too short - you then lengthen it a bit by pushing against the adjacent vehicles; very interesting to watch.

The New York Way, Mike. Though it worked a lot better when all the cars had those (fixed) chrome bumpers.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

I think that driver has moved over here ;)  BTW the best place I've ever come across for parallel parking is Paris but the key idea there is to park in a space which is too short - you then lengthen it a bit by pushing against the adjacent vehicles; very interesting to watch.

In about 1960 Dad was commisioning a ship for BP at Dunkirk shipyard, went into town with the shipyard head for lunch in the heads brand spanking new DS, dad was rather impressed by it. After lunch they get to the car and it's wedged in, dad offers to see the head out of the tight space "no need to" comes the reply, and as Dad gets into the passenger seat the head says "I drive by ear" Bang...bang..bang....bang.........

Was pointed to Facebook by my daughter to this

Our stereotype? But it made me smile.

I hope he took spare pants because I've just wet myself watching the vid !!!!!

This year's Rugby League Challenge Cup Final officials were sponsored by Specsavers...

But, they never seems to miss anything and have the utmost respect from the players.

When I was on the terraces at Millmoor many seasons ago, we spectators always showed the utmost respect for and sympathy with the referee. If he had difficulty in keeping up with the game, we would ask politely whether it was his guide dog's day off, or, should he be struggling to control a recalcitrant centre-forward, suggest that he " 'it 'im wi' thi white stick, ref." But, I'm sure that present-day fans also show decorum and goodwill to all!

Was pointed to Facebook by my daughter to this

"Excited Train Guy, New York!" video.

Our stereotype? But it made me smile.

This was a very successful viral marketing ploy for the Saratoga and North Creek preserved railway. It was an intentional spoof. It's still on the front page of their website.

The video got picked up by multiple national news outlets - so it resulted in tons of free publicity for the railway.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 1

And we're back to mipsselled road signs again ;)

''Bristol Old Market bus stop in 'bup stop' bungle''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-28934318

I don't see what the problem is, quite clearly there is a pub next to this bus stop - So therefore it is meant to be aimed at all beer drinkers travelling on the bus as a Pub Stop.

And as for this one in Oxford, we'll most of us don't want the summer to end so an extra month to me would be welcome, none of this disgusted of Oxford lark!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-28937822

• Like 1

And we're back to mipsselled road signs again ;)

''Bristol Old Market bus stop in 'bup stop' bungle''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-28934318

I don't see what the problem is, quite clearly there is a pub next to this bus stop - So therefore it is meant to be aimed at all beer drinkers travelling on the bus as a Pub Stop.

.......Snip

Missed out the 'R' in 'BUP'.

After all, isn't this what happens after you downed a couple of quick ones and rush back to complete the paint job ?

And as for this one in Oxford, we'll most of us don't want the summer to end so an extra month to me would be welcome, none of this disgusted of Oxford lark!

And nicely ironic, given that it is the home of the dictionary, with deliberate emphasis on the definite article.

I'll apologise for this one in advance, I have a particularly dark sense of humour.............................

It was a friends funeral today and I just wanted to check on arrangements for parking etc. on a day of sadness I had to have a little smile thanks to Google, they might not pay any tax, but I will let them off today for the two pages that came up in the search:-

Firstly to be asked if I was feeling lucky

post-18627-0-18508900-1409236300_thumb.jpg

Then the thought of why no-one had reviewed the place yet!

post-18627-0-04156500-1409236303_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

And on the September/Septermeber one, what made me smile is that the former teacher:

"I was just disgusted that it was put up with no-one bothering to check it first."

"Having been a teacher I'm very aware of bad grammar"

might not know the difference between grammar and spelling. Perhaps they weren't teaching English.

At the beach today with my two young children...

Younger child: "What does the 'Red&Yellow' flag mean?"

Older child (knowledgeably): "Safe to swim."

Younger child: "What would a 'Red,Yellow & Black flag mean?"

Older child (dead pan): "The Germans are coming." 

Achtung U boot!

post-4299-0-76114600-1409334608.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You can only imagine what the fire brigade crew said to this bloke...what were you doing you big P......

http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/Reigate-firefighters-use-hacksaw-cut-ring-man-s/story-22852525-detail/story.html

Where's the "cringe" smiley when you want one?

Cheers,

Mick