RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

17 hours ago, BoD said:

A8B2C66E-0566-4AD8-9F46-D5719B328774.jpeg.11b161e3de3c2bda2601083a30ac097a.jpeg

Many years ago when working on a Government owned ship we had a lot of trouble persuading the purchasing department to supply soft toilet paper rather than this stuff. We had to explain (politely) that the problem wasn't that seafarers had delicate backsides, but that sewage plants had delicate digestions! 

Edited by JeremyC
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 12/03/2020 at 23:02, DavidB-AU said:

BREAKING: Supermarkets run out of toilet paper, hand sanitiser, soap, rice, pasta and....

6_21f430eb-6cc4-4cb3-be47-eddacd5621a4_1024x1024@2x.png.a71213219f7d0694c886a9a1a32eb12b.png

SWMBO is a true Yorkshire woman,  there are huge stocks of tea bags in the cupboard 

SWMBO is a true Yorkshire woman,  she won't by the "expensive " brand above, but buys the cheapest Tesco brand.. 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Having just finished the weekly shop, I'm sorting out the free car parking at one of the outside computerised screens. A gent in a bright orange outfit offers me a copy of a new newspaper, which I decline, so he deposits it in the bin next to me. As he walks away, I notice the back of his jacket reads 'Recycle for Cornwall'...

• Like 5
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, TheQ said:

SWMBO is a true Yorkshire woman,  there are huge stocks of tea bags in the cupboard 

SWMBO is a true Yorkshire woman,  she won't by the "expensive " brand above, but buys the cheapest Tesco brand.. 

If she was a true Yorkshirewoman she should buy the Aldi Red Label tea, infinitely better IMHO (and cheap)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, melmerby said:

If she was a true Yorkshirewoman she should buy the Aldi Red Label tea, infinitely better IMHO (and cheap)

You'd have to have an Aldi near by,  the nearest here is a 40mile round trip, whereas Tesco is just 4 miles away.. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, melmerby said:

Tea is a very subjective thing, you have to find the one that suits you!

Like all own brand and branded products, these now include false flag own brand some are better than others.

• Agree 2

Your local water makes a difference too - I've tried the same teas in different areas of the country with a distinctive difference in taste.

And to paraphrase Mark's comment above, the only way to make tea is... the way you make it. 

• Agree 5

As a Lancastrian I'm unable to bring myself to buy the stuff from the other side of the Pennines on religious grounds. Also I find it doesn't have a generous flavour and for some reason it sucks all the liquid from my mouth. 

You couldn't give the stuff to me, not that they would!

Marc

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2