The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, newbryford said:

Pretty much describes some social media sites!

offended.JPG.c42d74114449aabe083c2885b11563b4.JPG

Is this meant to be regarding me, Because I find that offensive. 

disgusted formally of Tunbridge Wells. ( I was born there)

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/04/2019 at 10:24, kevinlms said:

Saw a car today with the rego of

BOLLQX

It looked like part of the Q had been painted out. Hard to be certain. 

No photo as I was driving. 

A tricky one as Q isn't used in the normal registration series, and a modern car would have 7 digits, older ones sometimes less, it would seem there has been a bit of "manipulation" going on there.

The best way to obtain a similar registration is to bid for the Cardiff registration of OBO 110X which was actually issued.

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

A tricky one as Q isn't used in the normal registration series, and a modern car would have 7 digits, older ones sometimes less, it would seem there has been a bit of "manipulation" going on there.

The best way to obtain a similar registration is to bid for the Cardiff registration of OBO 110X which was actually issued.

Mike.

Kevin is in Aus though , all sorts of things happen there .   :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

I don't think DVLA issus registration numbers in Australia.:D

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Going OT (but this is rmweb so thread drift is de rigeur) I'm sure most of you have noticed in the latest series of Line of Duty many cars have 'I' and 'Q' in the reg.  French film makers have been doing something similar for a few years now where they have the initial part on the number plate using letters which are several years ahead when the filming takes place.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Kevin is in Aus though , all sorts of things happen there .   :wacko:

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

I don't think DVLA issus registration numbers in Australia.:D

Hmmm, pay attention at the back.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Metr0Land said:

Going OT (but this is rmweb so thread drift is de rigeur) I'm sure most of you have noticed in the latest series of Line of Duty many cars have 'I' and 'Q' in the reg.  French film makers have been doing something similar for a few years now where they have the initial part on the number plate using letters which are several years ahead when the filming takes place.

Perhaps I should mention that in Victoria at least, we do use I's, 1's and Q's.

We did skip 'I' and 'Q' at one time as a prefix, but when we ran out, we went back and used them!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Metr0Land said:

They use NI registrations where it is filmed although it's still supposed to be in Birmingham where the first series was filmed. (hence the map of Brum on the back wall of the office)

Edited by melmerby

1 minute ago, melmerby said:

They use NI registrations where it is filmed although it's still supposed to be in Birmingham where the first series was filmed. (hence the map of Brum on the back wall off the oiffice)

The BBC comedy Citizen Khan is meant to be based in Sparkhill, whilst some locations obviously are Birmingham much of the outside broadcast material appears to be around Salford.

Car Share was briliant as it moved all around Greater Manchester and it was fun spotting the various locations and continuity misses.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

The BBC comedy Citizen Khan is meant to be based in Sparkhill, whilst some locations obviously are Birmingham much of the outside broadcast material appears to be around Salford.

I spotted Ladypool Road where I went to school for a year.

Most of the shops are now Balti Houses & other Pakistani businesses

The school used to be here:

https://goo.gl/maps/QVBpTHFTVrPNUcv66

It's actually produced at Media City UK (Salford)

Edited by melmerby