The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Bill said:

It may have been Photo-Shopped rather than..

REdSainsTeaX.jpg.db845f596ae8b2d479e9aa323bc93871.jpg

Now it seems a wee bit more likely..

No

Look on the sainsbury;s website:

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-fairly-traded-decaffeinated-red-label-x80-tea-bags-250g

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

A duck walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer and a ham sandwich.
The barman looks at him and says, "Hang on..! You're a  duck" ...!
"I see your eyes are working OK," replies the duck.
"And you can talk..!" Exclaims the barman.
"I see your ears are working, too," Says the duck.
"Now if you don't mind, can I have my beer and my sandwich please..?"
"Certainly, sorry about that," Says the barman as he pulls the duck's pint.
"It's just we don't get many ducks in this pub.. What are you doing round this way?"
"I'm working on the building site across the road," Explains the duck. "I'm a Plasterer."
The flabbergasted barman cannot believe the duck and wants to learn more, but takes the hint when the duck pulls out a newspaper from his bag and proceeds to read it.
So, the duck reads his paper, drinks his beer, eats his sandwich, bids the barman good day and leaves.
The same thing happens for two weeks.
Then one day the circus comes to town.
The ringmaster comes into the pub for a pint and the barman says to him "You're with the circus, aren't you..?
Well, I know this duck that could be just brilliant in your circus. He talks, drinks beer, eats sandwiches, reads the newspaper and everything..!"
"Sounds marvellous," says the ringmaster, handing over his business card.
"Get him to give me a call."
So the next day when the duck comes into the pub the barman says, "Hey Mr. Duck, I reckon I can line you up with a top job, paying really good money."
"I'm always looking for the next job," Says the duck.
"Where is it..?"
"At the Circus," Says the barman.
"The Circus..?" Repeats the duck.
"That's right," Replies the barman.
"The Circus..?" The duck asks again, “with the big tent..?"
"Yeah," the barman replies.
"With all the animals who live in cages, and performers who live in Caravans..?" says the duck.
"Of course," the barman replies.
"And the tent has canvas sides and a big canvas roof with a hole in the middle..?" persists the duck.
"That's right..!" says the barman.
The duck shakes his head in amazement, and says .. . ......
"What the heck would they want with a Plasterer..??!"

• Like 9
  • Funny 4

A very tall man walks into a bar, and a lady recognizes him as real Rugby player.
 They start to talk and eventually go back to his place.

They start to kiss, and the man takes off his shirt. On his arm, he has a tattoo that says REEBOK.

"What's that for?" the lady questions.

"Oh, I have this so that when I'm on TV, people will see my tattoo, and Reebok pays me."

Then the man takes off his trousers, and on his leg, he has a tattoo that says NIKE.

'What's that ?' the lady questions again.

"Just like the Reebok tattoo, I get paid when this tattoo is seen on TV."

Then the man drops his underwear and on his he has a tattoo that says AIDS.

The lady screams: "Don't tell me you have AIDS!"

The man replies: "No, no...!!! Calm down...!!!

It will say ADIDAS in a minute."

• Like 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, melmerby said:

Sainsbury's really could do that? Amazing call it Red label and sell it in a blue packet?

Utterly Amazing, beyond belief! - with abilities like that they should get into politics as spin-masters!

Edited by Bill
dissatisfied
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Bill said:

Sainsbury's really could do that? Amazing call it Red label and sell it in a blue packet?

Utterly Amazing, beyond belief! - with abilities like that they should get into politics as spin-masters!

It does make a quite a decent cup of tea, even the wife likes it, she's very picky about tea:rtfm:

So long as it's not too strong and got milk and sugar it does for me;)

Ladies and gentlemen I give you The Who and friends indulging in a spot of rock history... note Pete's authentic boiler suit for period correctness and be prepared to blown away by the amazingly authentic instrumentation, turn up the Marshall amps to eleven and dive in... :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 6
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Rugd1022 said:

Ladies and gentlemen I give you The Who and friends indulging in a spot of rock history... note Pete's authentic boiler suit for period correctness and be prepared to blown away by the amazingly authentic instrumentation, turn up the Marshall amps to eleven and dive in... :biggrin_mini2:

Thank you so much for that sir! I saw The Who three times between '64 and '66, always a great gig even if I was never a mod. As for Pete's uke at the end - just perfect.

• Like 2

Reading to the end of a story on the BBC News website about some politician having a milkshake thrown over him, I found the "You may also like" section, which raises many questions, not to mention eyebrows:

1931682131_BBCnewsrelatedstories.jpg.3c0e1be70186f909ca5c148cadddb133.jpg

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Google Chinese Range Rover .

My main point is, how did Apple not pick up that someone was handing in inoperable fakes? I can understand Joe Public not knowing.

• RMweb Premium

In Birmingham City Centre today was a chap dressed as a horse, playing a keyboard.

His collection box had a notice saying "For Engagement Ring"

Like his style.:yes: