The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, kevinlms said:

How can Apple keep making the same mistake? How were these fakes made, sounds like an inside job to me, i.e. someone using genuine cases!

https://www.theage.com.au/business/companies/former-engineering-student-defrauds-apple-out-of-1-500-iphones-20190523-p51qga.html

Interesting.

People have tried that in the UK and it falls at the first hurdle as they can instantly be recognized by Apple's system as not being genuine.

On 26/05/2019 at 15:54, Enterprisingwestern said:

To think what was demolished to build that monstrosity of a badly designed bus station.

Mike.

Go on, since I left the UK 40+ years ago, what was it???

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

1 hour ago, PatB said:

Looks to have been similar in style and era to my memory of Newcastle's Gallowgate bus station. Also now sadly gone, I believe. 

Agree and also the much smaller Whitley Bay and Berwick upon Tweed bus stations.  Gallowgate was in the league above as it was the coach station!

• RMweb Premium

Over coffee a couple of weeks ago the subject turned to reality TV. Friends wife (60s, polite, well spoken) said she was disappointed with The Real Housewives of Cheshire, 'I thought it would be about Alderley Edge or one of the posh villages, turns out it was just four slappers from Crewe'.

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

22 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I love the first comment on this page; "could of," "should of," "would of!"  Coupled with all the grammatical and spelling errors, the only place Andrew could have used "of" correctly, he didn't!

I know that its all to late to do something about this but i do strongly think that the council should of taken in to fact that they were a number to ways to of kept the art deco building. my grandad worked there for 15 years and he would of been horified that they have pulled down a part of derby. SAVE OUR BUILDINGS BEFORE IT TO LATE!!!! The station could of been restored to its orignal state. it could of been made into a visiter centre filled with classic busses of the 1930s.
Andrew

Cheers

Phil