Hi guys,

Quick update on the Replica Powered Chassis..............IT WORKS A TREAT !!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:  :yahoo:

I fitted it under a BG body and placed it behind my Thames-Clyde set with a Jubilee which struggled up the incline with 6 on' This was now a 10 coach train and it took the gradient in its stride. Marvellous bit of kit!

It comes as a bare chassis unit which needs detailing so I will post what changes I do to it over the next few weeks after my secret project is.............well, no longer a secret :jester:

Off to S&J and Macclesfield tomorrow!

• Like 1

Hi all,

Weekend update, Saturday I went with a couple of mates to S&J in Northwich to pick up a Restaurant Car for my TCE set, also got a few wagons, we then went to the Macclesfield show where I picked up some more...

post-5296-0-29123500-1457897559_thumb.jpg

Firstly my mate Peter brought 37706 round with a tank train for a run on Wednesday.

post-5296-0-94973100-1457897567_thumb.jpg

New Express Dairy and BR Plate wagons.

post-5296-0-06652800-1457897576_thumb.jpg

Some old Presflo's and the Restaurant Car I needed.

post-5296-0-12911800-1457897584_thumb.jpg

An Insulfish, Fish van & PARTO van, all of the above will be entering revenue earning service after weathering.........soon!

post-5296-0-82202800-1457897590_thumb.jpg

Midweek modelling managed this little cameo scene. 3 link couplings, real coal and a man with a pickaxe! 

post-5296-0-37837400-1457897598_thumb.jpg

The next marvel for this week was the arrival of two Replica Railways Powered coach chassis' I fitted one to the first BG in the TCE set and this Jubilee 45600 'Bermuda' hauled it plus 10 on without any problems, before it would have struggled with 6 on! Result!

post-5296-0-94348200-1457897606_thumb.jpg

Here the TCE traverses Dentdale and you can see the underframe of the BG requires fully detailing.

post-5296-0-61540400-1457897613_thumb.jpg

Apparently the bogies sides can be swapped for a variety but I don't yet know who supplies the options, Oooopppss just noticed I hadn't changed the lamp code.

post-5296-0-17705700-1457897621_thumb.jpg

8F 48154 exits Widdale Tunnel and over the viaduct with a Hunslet-Kingmoor fitted freight.

Cont/...

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

HI Mike

Double heading with a powered BG, I good thinking. I brought a pair of the Replica chassis this weekend hopefully to go under some very old MTK kits that have been knocking around for a looooooooooooooong time.

• Like 3

Nice pics mike

Have you recently fitted the backscene or has it always been like that?!

Ive only just noticed it!

Cheers

Ben

Full marks to Ben, that was the 'secret project' promising BIG changes, well it is 9.5 mtr long!

The backscene was produced by Art Printers from my own photographs all taken around Dent a couple of years ago and I think John at www.info@artprinters.com has made a fantastic job of merging the photos, he even managed to position the only road 'The Coal Road' at the correct position on the sheets of which there were seven. I think it has transformed the layout giving it a fantastic depth of field look.

• Like 8

HI Mike

Double heading with a powered BG, I good thinking. I brought a pair of the Replica chassis this weekend hopefully to go under some very old MTK kits that have been knocking around for a looooooooooooooong time.

Hi Clive,

I have been badgering Replica for years after I found out they had previously produced these, it has made a real difference to operations.

• Like 3

Full marks to Ben, that was the 'secret project' promising BIG changes, well it is 9.5 mtr long!

The backscene was produced by Art Printers from my own photographs all taken around Dent a couple of years ago and I think John at www.info@artprinters.com has made a fantastic job of merging the photos, he even managed to position the only road 'The Coal Road' at the correct position on the sheets of which there were seven. I think it has transformed the layout giving it a fantastic depth of field look.

Mike, SORRY I really hadn't noticed, I need a trip to a well know Opticalonologist or something like that. Just gone back up and YES WOW a real difference.

Well done and a good decision mate.

Mike, SORRY I really hadn't noticed, I need a trip to a well know Opticalonologist or something like that. Just gone back up and YES WOW a real difference.

Hi Andy,

I was SHOCKED that you missed it, I would have put a bet on you seeing it first, I mean its only (ask Jeff for correct answer) around 50 square miles of landscape - glaringly obvious......  :jester: to most!  Hahaha :jester:

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Shall I upset him as well? 

Mike have a look at the trees in the backscene and the ones on the layout. Are they in the same season?

• RMweb Premium

Irrespective of the minutiae, the photographic backscene is a tour de force, Mike. That means it's rather good!

Well done, it certainly gives some real depth to the back of the layout.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

now I know what I was going to buy off Godfrey at Nottingham Show - two powered chassis for my Modern Shrapnel Kit Trans Pennine 6 car set... it was seeing Andy that made me forget!! (or it could have been Clive or Duck or.....)

Baz

• RMweb Premium

now I know what I was going to buy off Godfrey at Nottingham Show - two powered chassis for my Modern Shrapnel Kit Trans Pennine 6 car set... it was seeing Andy that made me forget!! (or it could have been Clive or Duck or.....)

Baz

Yo  Baz

He only has the short underframe ones in stock. The Transpennine was a long underframe jobby.

Hi guys,

Andy: Once and for all NO I'M NOT GOING ROUND THE ROOM only round the bend!

Clive: I don't give a monkeys what season either set of trees are in, their green aren't they and I don't have a load of leaf fall to contend with !?

Jeff: And here was me thinking 'tour de force' meant a load of heavies with crowbars!!

Barry: How I would love a Trans-Pennine set together with a Glasgow 'Blue Train' set, just to look at you understand!

Thanks guys for your comments, I'm still reeling with delight and especially the fact AndyP missed it considering he posted a reply within 15 minutes of the first surreptitious set of photos, gobsmacked or what HahaHeheHahaHeHe :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  GOTCHA'

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Andy: Once and for all NO I'M NOT GOING ROUND THE ROOM only round the bend!

Clive: I don't give a monkeys what season either set of trees are in, their green aren't they and I don't have a load of leaf fall to contend with !?

Jeff: And here was me thinking 'tour de force' meant a load of heavies with crowbars!!

Barry: How I would love a Trans-Pennine set together with a Glasgow 'Blue Train' set, just to look at you understand!

Thanks guys for your comments, I'm still reeling with delight and especially the fact AndyP missed it considering he posted a reply within 15 minutes of the first surreptitious set of photos, gobsmacked or what HahaHeheHahaHeHe :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  GOTCHA'

Not even a LITTLE BIT AROUND THE ROOM JUST FOR ME? hahahhahaeeeee :nono:  :nono: :nono:   :scared:  :scared:   :scared:  :triniti:  

Just been having a first time play with Serif Photo-Plus, its all an alien concept to me but here is the difference between the two images.

post-5296-0-36137100-1457992773_thumb.jpg

Original

post-5296-0-53820200-1457992677_thumb.jpg

Doctored

I certainly would not be spending the time messing about like this on several photos, however nice they look!

• Like 8