It was meant as a flippin joke! :O

So was mine matey :jester: You have to admit it was a pretty good ploy. That lump of oak used for the prop was the offcut from a bullnose staircase job, I immediately saw the potential and the timing was perfect as it was only the day before when it was made. I will be on the lookout in twelve months time!

• Like 4

Hi all,

Here we go again, back to normal and decided to have another bit of a swap around with the stock etc.

post-5296-0-77374300-1460309903_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-42408900-1460309911_thumb.jpg

Hughes Crab 2-6-0 42789 hauls a loaded fitted freight from Hunslet, Leeds to Carlisle with a very mixed bag of goods and materials.

post-5296-0-91026200-1460309918_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-66782400-1460309926_thumb.jpg

'Jinty' 0-6-0 47410 has set-back into the down refuge with the CM&EE crane in preparation for a possession in order to renew some track panels in the area which can be seen adjacent to the 'up' refuge in the first photo.

post-5296-0-60883800-1460309935_thumb.jpg

Out of the gloom of Widdale tunnel heading north with a mixed mineral working is 3F 0-6-0 43762.

cont/.

Edit, typo

Edited by mike61680
  • Like 17

post-5296-0-03695200-1460313806_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-19407100-1460313813_thumb.jpg

The mineral working trundles past the box' and through the station, adjacent to the box can be noted the general ephemera of the P.Way gang who are currently in the bothy - where else!

Another 0-6-0 this time a rare visitor in the form of ex: LNER J39 64970 running north with an unfitted freight.

post-5296-0-31081600-1460313821_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-87464500-1460313829_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-58591100-1460313836_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-56882700-1460313842_thumb.jpg

Last train of the day to allow the P.Way gang full possession, the 'Up' has been stopped earlier in preparation. Another Carlisle bound working of empty minerals is ably in charge of ex:LMS 4F 43924.

That's it guys.

• Like 16

Nice pics mike

Noticed the diesel brake tender in the siding

Is it a genesis kit?

Looks really good.

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes indeed it is, I waited 40 years for a model to come out then gave up and bought two kits, I had no sooner finished this one and an announcement came out of a RTR version in the making! Welcome to my world :jester: Still have the other kit to make.

Cheers mike

Been thinking about building a genesis kit one myself,even though ive still got loads to do on the layout which is probably more important.

Im not sure when or if the Hornby tender is going to be released?? It all seems to have gone quiet about it for some reason.

Dont really want to spend the time & money building one for them to release it for not much more money? Soon afterwards!!

Cheers

Ben

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cheers mike

Been thinking about building a genesis kit one myself,even though ive still got loads to do on the layout which is probably more important.

Im not sure when or if the Hornby tender is going to be released?? It all seems to have gone quiet about it for some reason.

Dont really want to spend the time & money building one for them to release it for not much more money? Soon afterwards!!

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben

The Hornby Magazine model has been available since the Warley show. Not to bad a model. The PDK and ABS models are better. I looked at the Genesis kits when they were introduced, I did not buy them. The Britannia Models versions are too expensive for an inaccurate model. 

Not to hijack mikes layout thread

But how do you go about ordering one of the Hornby magazines brake tenders?

Cant seem to find anywhere online that sells them,or where they a low production run?

Cheers

Ben

• Like 1

Cant seem to find anywhere online that sells them,or where they a low production run?

Cheers

Ben

Only available via Hornby Mag office I believe.

I had 2 on order but they never contacted me to say they were available so I left it.

May have been posted before, but this is a wonderfull colour film of the S&C in the 60's. Plenty of steam and Peak's. A useful film for S&C modelers also.

http://player.bfi.org.uk/film/watch-the-long-drag-1963/

Brit15

Hi,

Thank for that, yes I have this on DVD, its a Kingfisher film, this is the film which had me searching for months looking for a single decker 'Ribble' bus in Dent station car park in all my books and low and behold I had seen it in this film! Its a Leyland 'Royal Tiger' with a Leyland body, so I was informed. Have not found a model of it in Ribble red livery yet though.

• RMweb Premium

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben

I have just had a look on the Hornby magazine web site. They seemed to have sold them all as they are not advertising them.