A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

The livery also suits Beatty Well Tanks, Q1s, all Maunsell moguls, T9s, S15s, Adams Radial tanks, O2s, M7s.....

ER O1s,2s,4s, B1s, K1s and wartime A4s looked like Stealth Bombers.

Any Standard but especially the 80XXX teddy bears and 9Fs, even Dub Dees. Black Fives need to be Black and 8Fs look very Black and tasty. Pity they never did a Warship in Gloss Black and a Western; even a Class 50. A Black, lined out Hoover would have been interesting.

Don't forget Zs and Ws on the good old SR. Didn't like the Schools in black......not good. USAs wore it well. 'Original' Diesel Shunters looked coool and the Class 76 Electrics also wore it well.

Ar$£ 

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

As for WR panniers in black, I need to consider whether I can justify a black one; 4666. It was a resident at 72A for a few years and the last one I ever saw in steam on BR.

A. Tanky

Chris Spams has nabbed that one too for Pencarrow.

It must be an age thing!  By now as all must know, I am not a fan of black engines; if they were painted black to begin with - OK, but not after whatever railway company prime colours were painted black just because BR decided it was the thing to do.  It only added to the gloomy post war depression!  However, most herein seem to be ambivalent, some even love it which must mean that those who grew up in that era were conditioned by it to love black engines! :paint:

Brian

• RMweb Gold

All this talk about black Panniers...

What about 3643, 3737, 8701 & 8745? A fine quartet... ;)

Good to see a BR Pannier Robin. Perhaps opens the doors for one of 83A's 94xx's? :D

Edited by 46444

• RMweb Gold

In my defence I was in the supermarket checkout queue.

Huh! There's me thinking you were being a good boy and staying on the Naughty Step, where you were put some 107 years ago.

All this talk about black Panniers...

What about 3643, 3737, 8701 & 8745? A fine quartet... ;)

Good to see a BR Pannier Robin. Perhaps opens the doors for one of 83A's 94xx's? :D

You'll find 8701 on my roster, Mark, and possibly 3737 (can't remember, will have to check).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Very nice, Mr Spam-u-Like. Those appear to be Ultrascale wheels on that pannier. Is that a P4 conversion, with their drop-in wheels, by any chance?

Actually, thinking about it, the Pannier is one of my many 4mm surplus items. It does have an Ultrascale EM drop-in wheels and also brass plates. Anyone interested before it goes on eBay?

• RMweb Gold

Actually, thinking about it, the Pannier is one of my many 4mm surplus items. It does have an Ultrascale EM drop-in wheels and also brass plates. Anyone interested before it goes on eBay?

It wouldn't pass the MOT with those brakes!

• RMweb Premium

It wouldn't pass the MOT with those brakes!

Yes, never got around to fitting them back on!

This was the first loco converted for an aborted small EM cameo a few years back before I decided to go 7mm. I've also got an unused set of Ultrascale drop-in wheels for a small prairie.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Yes, never got around to fitting them back on!

This was the first loco converted for an aborted small EM cameo a few years back before I decided to go 7mm. I've also got an unused set of Ultrascale drop-in wheels for a small prairie.

I'm tempted Spams, however I actually have a couple of old Panniers that I could us as 4666 and one of the others that was a 72A loco. However, if it does not go on Ebay do let me know.

Phil

• Like 1