A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Actually, thinking about it, the Pannier is one of my many 4mm surplus items. It does have an Ultrascale EM drop-in wheels and also brass plates. Anyone interested before it goes on eBay?

Alas, Mr Spams, I have no need of EM wheels. In fact, I have a nice, smart black pannier like that one, with a set of Ultrascale P4 wheels waiting to go in it, but I wish you well in your endeavours to sell it on.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Alas, Mr Spams, I have no need of EM wheels. In fact, I have a nice, smart black pannier like that one, with a set of Ultrascale P4 wheels waiting to go in it, but I wish you well in your endeavours to sell it on.

Or with your soon to be surplus wheels and the aforementioned Spamier one could attempt an OO conversion...

• RMweb Premium

What a  lovely 16xx.....

Thanks. It's a bog-standard Nu-Cast kit with a solid brass chassis block, Romford wheels and gears and an Airfix MW005 motor. Rather old-school I'm afraid, a bit like its builder...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Talking of your vegetation Robin, what have you used for the hedging along the back of the goods yard, running behind the yard offices? It looks very effective.

If I remember correctly it was nothing more than strips of rubberised horsehair battered in a pva/water mix and covered in a range of Green Scene scatters.Very easy but works well against the backscene edge.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Robin... ;)

The Nu-Cast kit looks like the only way to go at present if you want a 16xx.  I'm sure one will come along RTR eventually......He says hopefully! ;)

Nice weathering on 3796 Robin.  There's a work worn patina about it.

Looking at your Siphons have you got one of the LIMA inside frame jobs and changed the bogies over? Would certainly add a bit of variety.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1