A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Brass and nameplates just need a polish...

No. It needs binning promptly.

Is this the reason BRM isn't released until Monday at 1pm?

I've no idea but it would be superb now the King has been put on indefinite hold.

• RMweb Gold

post-9751-0-03608900-1504886064.jpg

L@@K!!!!.... Pro-weathered and expertly renumbered. Rare and unique finish!!!!!!! 

First to see will buy.....

Hasn't got that lovely DMR replacement chimney either. :jester: That would double its value surely.

Manor, Hall or Grange shoot this weekend ?

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There's a lot of that about at the moment. I was told to pluck off earlier in your esteemed thread.

I've told you before that if you have a problem to see the management.

I need something new to run, I wonder if Sierd would let me run his Oxford Rail Adams Radial in SR black. ;) 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I've told you before that if you have a problem to see the management.

I need something new to run, I wonder if Sierd would let me run his Oxford Rail Adams Radial in SR black. ;)

He just said yes - needs checking to see if it runs OK.

I thought the word was 'cancelled' - certainly as far as Hattons are concerned.

or it could be indefinitely cancelled for the foreseeable future with little if any likelihood of production..........?

• RMweb Gold

I've been spending today at the Woking show per your recommendation young Rob some very nice Guards figures from "Master Piece" sets FF 28 & FF38.  :good:

Did you get some for me Bob. ;) 

No modelling here, however, I find that an ice cold frappé rarely offends especially when it has that lovely chocolate colour we all like !

post-20303-0-96826200-1505033284_thumb.jpeg

Oh! It's a hard life search for the right colours.

Cy Prus

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Sorry mate I didn't I'm not made of money these days being a pensioner and all that. :umbrage:

Lord Rothschilds

I'm always amazed when going to the G0G shows in Telford etc. The pensioners there certainly aren't short of a bob or two. The thick wedges and rolls of cash coming out of jacket pockets has to be seen to be believed.

I was talking to one of the traders there who hadn't been before and she was absolutely gobsmacked by the bundles of cash being waved around - hadn't seen anything like it before at other exhibitions.

Makes you feel quite inadequate when an order for several Masterpiece Models locos is paid for in cash!