A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Have you got a prairie in pink with yellow spots?

I have an Airfix one, a totally sh@gged Airfix one but one all the same... it's black and green (where the factory applied black paint has come off).

Do I win a prize?

Please

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

I have an Airfix one, a totally sh@gged Airfix one but one all the same... it's black and green (where the factory applied black paint has come off).

Do I win a prize?

Please

Doesn't seem to meet the criteria of pink with yellow spots, but if it's that far gone, a bit of a paint jobby won't hurt.

• RMweb Premium

Doesn't seem to meet the criteria of pink with yellow spots, but if it's that far gone, a bit of a paint jobby won't hurt.

It's not the paynt that's the problem... the wheels and connecting rod thingies have fallen off.

:)

• RMweb Premium

As the late, great Cyril Freezer might have said, a pink with yellow spots prairie is better than no prairie at all.

Quite right. CJF's original comment was in response to those who were complaining that BR had repainted the Vale of Rheidol locos in rail blue with white double arrows.

• RMweb Gold

Quite right. CJF's original comment was in response to those who were complaining that BR had repainted the Vale of Rheidol locos in rail blue with white double arrows.

Probably the same lot who were incensed that the loco the Festiniog had obtained from the Irish Peat Board was called Irish Pete. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Do I win a prize?

Please

Airfix prairie kits - how many would you like Guv?  I do believe I have several - unbuilt in original boxes of course - lurking in my Airfix kit strategic reserve hidden away in ???  Now where have I hidden it away?

• RMweb Premium

Airfix prairie kits - how many would you like Guv? I do believe I have several - unbuilt in original boxes of course - lurking in my Airfix kit strategic reserve hidden away in ??? Now where have I hidden it away?

It wasn't a kit when I bought it but it is now...

• RMweb Premium

Probably the same lot who were incensed that the loco the Festiniog had obtained from the Irish Peat Board was called Irish Pete. 

????? - Not sure who will be more offended the Ffestiniog lot or the Talyllyn Railway - it was the latter that bought and rebuilt "Irish Pete". Trouble is that despite the democratic selection of the "Irish Pete" name, somebody got all strait-laced when the loco finally was ready for naming - it is now known as "Tom Rolt".

Regards

Chris H (An "Irish Pete" voter).

• RMweb Gold

????? - Not sure who will be more offended the Ffestiniog lot or the Talyllyn Railway - it was the latter that bought and rebuilt "Irish Pete". Trouble is that despite the democratic selection of the "Irish Pete" name, somebody got all strait-laced when the loco finally was ready for naming - it is now known as "Tom Rolt".

Regards

Chris H (An "Irish Pete" voter).

Thanks! I got the story rather more than 40 years ago, so it has clearly got a little twisted!

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone built a 4 mm scale Insixfish, or perhaps generated a 3D-printed model?

Oddly as far as I can the various available models (all kits), including a 3-D printed body, are not in 4mm scale.  Which is a bit odd when you consider the popularity of certain parts of the Western where these would have run among 4mm scale, various gauges, modellers.