A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm......How about the thigh its rolled on then ?  :jester:

You can keep the cigar !

H.Avana

Fantasizing about cigar's being rolled on Rob's thigh's, is more than enough to earn you a 25 years to Life in the Iron Bulleid, if not a brief. but terminal turn with the 6 Bulleids  :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm......How about the thigh its rolled on then ?  :jester:

You can keep the cigar !

H.Avana

I visited a cigar factory in Cuba last year I can assure you nobody would want thigh rolled cigars from that factory if you had seen what I saw. :bad: 

F Castro

• RMweb Gold

According to a survey in today's paper Plymouth is ranked 4th overall for being the stingiest city in the UK. Bristol are 5th. I thought West Country people were the most generous of folk myself.

• Like 1

According to a survey in today's paper Plymouth is ranked 4th overall for being the stingiest city in the UK. Bristol are 5th. I thought West Country people were the most generous of folk myself.

Absolutely !

Er.... Can ya lend me a tenner please ?

S.Tingey

• RMweb Premium

Only 4th, we've been dun, by 3 other tight wads. I blame the Cornish tendencies that seem to be proliferating lately.

• RMweb Gold

Can ya lend me a tenner please ?

I may be able to loan you 10p for about five minutes, provided you sign to say that you've had the money and that you will leave some surety with me in case you default, such as the deeds to your house or an LT Red 7mm Dapol pannier.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don’t think he should hold a kitten like that, it looks a bit cruel.

That's no kitten. It's a pair of veterinary gloves that he's going to use later, when he slaps Ethelred Finching about the face with them for insulting his painting of a badger. He will then call Finching out for a duel at dawn, high up on the Moor above Ivybridge.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I may be able to loan you 10p for about five minutes, provided you sign to say that you've had the money and that you will leave some surety with me in case you default, such as the deeds to your house or an LT Red 7mm Dapol pannier.

From Horrocksford to Harrow on the Hill, eh, cap’n?

• RMweb Gold

Was it resprayed as well as weathered?

Looking very good!

No but the Hornby green is deeper on these than others, a couple of coats of varnish to seal the new transfers before weathering.

• Like 1