A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

That's an interesting one Brian and maybe I should move figures around a bit although that's how the paintwork gets chipped etc Anyone else have an opinion on this.

I used to enjoy the 'stories' concerning the Finchings et al.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I used to enjoy the 'stories' concerning the Finchings et al.

Phil

We are lucky indeed that the sisters Finching have remained seated for all these years and are able to move without damage or mess to another seat!

• RMweb Gold

How are the steps coming on?

Which brings up the question how did you get down onto the beach to paint the rocks?

Waiting to get a set off ebay for a reasonable price Kev. :O

• RMweb Gold

In which case surely it would also have worked the branch passenger train. Evidence please... :-)

Good question.82006 was one of three to have worked the branch in the mid 50s but I've never seen a decent photo of this possibly brief encounter. I don't have any BR passenger stock to do it anyway, just freight and parcels vans I'm afraid.

post-126-0-21369900-1535380844.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

In which case surely it would also have worked the branch passenger train. Evidence please... :-)

I think a couple of blood and custard coaches behind 82006 would look rather splendid.

post-126-0-15924700-1535392341_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-51370400-1535392360_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-33802400-1535392379_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

A little more work done on the beach with me painting the rocks Humbrol black green and adding dark scatter over them to represent seaweed. I'm going to add some more still water between the rocks to make rockpools.

attachicon.gifDSCN4300 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4302 (2).JPG

I do like the overall effect here, Robin, but if I may just make a teeny, weeny comment in the way of the most positive and constructive criticism that it is possible to make, with my most respectful hat on and several instant retractions ready to be deployed if I have in any way offended, which I can most assuredly confirm is in no way my intention at any time or in any place, but it is just perhaps ever so slightly possible that the white foam effects on the new water surface are a little too regular and possibly might be improved with a little more randomness?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese don't hate me! I'm still your friend, honest I am!

• RMweb Gold

Not at all Captain , can you point me in the direction that most offends you and I’ll attend to it immediately if not sooner. I can paint them out and reapply the still water.

• RMweb Gold

Shame its now the local Tesco.

I'd have thought that they would have gone for something a little larger than an old coach...