A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Sunday night is a good time for me, no interruptions- normally !

As far as the track work is concerned, all may be revealed in the near ? future, possibly, maybe !

G

Well, we know about the double slip but what else is there?

• RMweb Premium

Cheltenham may be in the Cotswolds but is not the Pleasuredome one would expect. OK so there is the Ladies' College and some posh buildings, but it is a bit of a rough place. You also do not want to have any sort of 'interesting devices' or 'material' on more simple devices in and around the area either. In fact it is unwise to make any sort of comment about anything whilst visiting the area, unless you really want your front door kicked in in the wee small hours and a load of very rough and heavily armed, black clad 'Operatives' to surround your bed ......... (Not RMW Mods thankfully). Those that may enjoy such an experience should not join this outing, or go to Hereford on a Saturday evening instead.

If anyone is thinking of playing with their drone (no sniggering)  that is not recommended either as an air strike can cause upset.

Normally Cheltenham is best viewed only from the M5 or a passing Voyager.

V. Putin.

Edited by Mallard60022

Cheltenham may be in the Cotswolds but is not the Pleasuredome one would expect. OK so there is the Ladies' College and some posh buildings, but it is a bit of a rough place. You also do not want to have any sort of 'interesting devices' or 'material' on more simple devices in and around the area either. In fact it is unwise to make any sort of comment about anything whilst visiting the area, unless you really want your front door kicked in in the wee small hours and a load of very rough and heavily armed, black clad 'Operatives' to surround your bed ......... (Not RMW Mods thankfully). Those that may enjoy such an experience should not join this outing, or go to Hereford on a Saturday evening instead.

If anyone is thinking of playing with their drone (no sniggering)  that is not recommended either as an air strike can cause upset.

V. Putin.

It's all gone down hill since I was at the Art School there...

Well, we know about the double slip but what else is there?

Hmmm thanks for reminding me mate !  :jester:

I can confirm that my double slip has been remade and is alive and very well, as for what else...

post-20303-0-00928700-1536745325.jpg

And thats all you're getting for now. Te-he-he 

G

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

V. Putin.

The Pleasure Dome being situated adjacent to one of the town's Park and Ride facilities after its move from the gentile surroundings of Malvern.IMHO it doubles as a Premier League arena.Cannot be viewed from M5 btw.

• RMweb Premium

The Pleasure Dome being situated adjacent to one of the town's Park and Ride facilities after its move from the gentile surroundings of Malvern.IMHO it doubles as a Premier League arena.Cannot be viewed from M5 btw.

Cheltenham Town aspirational plans there then?

By the way, I quite like Cheltenham from what I have seen of it, however It is too posh for me and in many cases too expensive for locals to stay there. 

Also if GCHQ  were next door to you would you really want to live there?

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Cheltenham Town aspirational plans there then?

By the way, I quite like Cheltenham from what I have seen of it, however It is too posh for me and in many cases too expensive for locals to stay there. 

Also if GCHQ  were next door to you would you really want to live there?

Phil

There are some very appealing parts of the town.e.g.the Regency bits and it's nice to stroll round window shopping.Also some decent places to eat.Like most towns these days it also has its less attractive areas.Cheltenham Models is well worth a visit too

I looked for somewhere decent to stay in the surrounding area but sadly this area is the Cotswolds and that carries a hefty mark up it seems.Quite fancied Broadway but that is out of my league.One pub with a reputation for good food nearby wanted £150 for a room and breakfast ....That's without an evening meal .....on that Sat.Had thought of a break for my wife and self but perhaps not.Use my RailCard instead.Hope the food fair does a decent pork pie.

• RMweb Gold

I looked for somewhere decent to stay in the surrounding area but sadly this area is the Cotswolds and that carries a hefty mark up it seems.Quite fancied Broadway but that is out of my league.One pub with a reputation for good food nearby wanted £150 for a room and breakfast ....That's without an evening meal .....on that Sat.Had thought of a break for my wife and self but perhaps not.Use my RailCard instead.Hope the food fair does a decent pork pie.

Taken from the GWR blurb.

Examples of Cotswolds and regional food varieties will include local cheeses and chutneys, honey and jams, puddings, pies, cakes, pastries, biscuits, bacon, sausages, sausage rolls, gluten-free and vegetarian options, chillies and spices, herbs, mustards and oils, chocolates and cookies, fruit juices and yoghurts, milk and butter, ciders, perries and beers, gins and wines, and creative hand-made ready meals - all at the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway’s Toddington or Winchcombe Stations.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Examples of Cotswolds and regional food varieties will include local cheeses and chutneys, honey and jams, puddings, pies, cakes, pastries, biscuits, bacon, sausages, sausage rolls, gluten-free and vegetarian options, chillies and spices, herbs, mustards and oils, chocolates and cookies, fruit juices and yoghurts, milk and butter, ciders, perries and beers, gins and wines, and creative hand-made ready meals - all at the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway’s Toddington or Winchcombe Stations.

That'll do nicely thank you.

• RMweb Gold

I'll have that with chips then, thanks