A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I'd send it back - the wheels don't fit on the track.

:nono: the board hasn't been levelled yet everything goes of to the left at the moment hence derailment, that board is for my Charwallah & Tetley Tea Hill Rly in 009 scale.

Here's the standby transport should the train fail.

post-8647-0-37244800-1540387016_thumb.jpg

Btw there's £20 worth of new Romford wheels on that coach an absolute bargain, I'm looking for a clever Dicky painter to weather it.

• RMweb Gold

Only have to look at pictures of Severn Valley trains before and since the huge carriage shed was built.

Keeps them safe from the bastard graffiti artists and vandals too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Are you starting a thread for that?

I will be at some stage do both layouts but have not decided to use this forum for either of them at the moment I find the BRM thing boringly naff.

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

How High The Moon?

Mr & Mrs L Paul.

I should point out, that I took that photo of the last nights Full Moon with my Canon 60D with a 18-200m Lens  :sungum:

This shot was taken through my telescope (Meade ETX)

post-7000-0-75013100-1540462909_thumb.jpg

And this montage was taken of the Lunar Eclipse in September 2015

post-7000-0-42356800-1540463097_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

how about the Moon?

You have put me in mind of an incident that occurred some 35 years ago, when I was on a canal holiday with some chums. We were passing under a railway bridge in the Erewash area, when a gaggle of young lads on the canal bank decided to moon at us on the boat.

We were cruising at the regulation 4 mph at the time.

The incident was not over particularly quickly.

• RMweb Premium

I should point out, that I took that photo of the last nights Full Moon with my Canon 60D with a 18-200m Lens  :sungum:

This shot was taken through my telescope (Meade ETX)

attachicon.gifmoon000.jpg

And this montage was taken of the Lunar Eclipse in September 2015

attachicon.gifbloodmoonmontage.jpg

I should point out that I did not take the photo of Mr Moon (K) and that I have no idea who the other person in the picture is.

I do like eclipses - I went to Hungary in 1999 to see the total solar eclipse. While there I managed a day out on some 2' 6" gauge agricultural railways and an evening trip on a steam special to see a "traditional" gypsy riding and dancing display. Great fun.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I should point out that I did not take the photo of Mr Moon (K) and that I have no idea who the other person in the picture is.

I do like eclipses - I went to Hungary in 1999 to see the total solar eclipse. While there I managed a day out on some 2' 6" gauge agricultural railways and an evening trip on a steam special to see a "traditional" gypsy riding and dancing display. Great fun.

I was in Bavaria for the eclipse in 1999, it was touch and go due to the weather. The skies cleared for totality ;)

• RMweb Gold

Did those tanks use the same donor model James ?

No, R3222 was the donor for the Great Western 4280 and R3223 was the donor for the Late BR 4280 (she was done back in February)

Both from the second batch of Heavy Tanks, though oddly R3222 still had the original non-brass bearing chassis, whereas R3223 has brass bearings :/

• RMweb Gold

You have put me in mind of an incident that occurred some 35 years ago, when I was on a canal holiday with some chums. We were passing under a railway bridge in the Erewash area, when a gaggle of young lads on the canal bank decided to moon at us on the boat.

We were cruising at the regulation 4 mph at the time.

The incident was not over particularly quickly.

50 years ago last April we (I was with three other railwaymen) essayed the Erewash Canal on our last full day of narrowboat hire. Not our best idea. The cut proved to be full of rubbish, one sample of which, a large piece of rebar grid, caught on the prop, so when the skipper went to reverse thrust to slow for a lock, not much happened and we hit the lock gates at some speed - probably 2 mph. Our man in the galley had a saucepan of tomato soup on the go at that moment..... Mind you, the boatyard was quite pleased to get the boat back at all, confiding it was the first time she had completed a tour. On one trip she had gone over a weir somewhere near Redhill railway tunnels on the MML. And on our hire she had flattened a battery on the second day, requiring a hirer's van to come and replace it while we lunched in a canalside pub.