A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Nice idea it would save @rsing about painting the wagon £29 including postage is something I will ask one of my daughters to buy me for xmas I can't see

them selling out at that price, for now I'll spend a tenner on a kit and have the pleasure of making it I've HMRS transfers and a can of airarsole bauxite left

over from other kits in stock I'm sure there's wheels bearings and Bachmann couplings spare..

Will we be seeing you tomorrow at Wycrail ???? 

• Like 1

Were all Banana vans returned to Avonmouth; it must have been a big facility!   I have the Hornby O tinplate version with the same instructions!   Similarly, a Fish van that went back to Cardiff.  There must have been other venues so presumably Hornby followed prototype; Fletton for bricks for example.  I even had the Dublo NE version but it was not until Google that I learned where Fletton is. :onthequiet:

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Were all Banana vans returned to Avonmouth; it must have been a big facility!   I have the Hornby O tinplate version with the same instructions!   Similarly, a Fish van that went back to Cardiff.  There must have been other venues so presumably Hornby followed prototype; Fletton for bricks for example.  I even had the Dublo NE version but it was not until Google that I learned where Fletton is. :onthequiet:

Brian.

ISTR Fletton is also a type of brick.

• RMweb Gold

Any ideas on what colour to paint the upright stantions please. The plastic offends me. The woodwork has turned out quite pleasing to my eyes.

post-126-0-72875000-1541239019_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-20256100-1541239032_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-38028900-1541239045_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-84896900-1541239060_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-65673000-1541239076_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-32141200-1541244201_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 4

Any ideas on what colour to paint the upright stantions please. The plastic offends me. The woodwork has turned out quite pleasing to my eyes.

attachicon.gifDSCN4613 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4615 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4617 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4618 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4619 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4619 (2)bw.jpg

I would paint all the black plastic with a black/grey then faintly dry brush light grey to give the impression of worn areas.

See what it looks like then have a go with powders.

Looks good already with the weathered wood effect.

Edited by KNP

• RMweb Gold

Rob paint it with Humbrol 27003 Metalcote "polished steel" then polish up the parts you want shiny and add a wash of rust. :paint:

" Late News" a Mainline LMS full brake in good nick purchased at Wycrail for £8, new wheel sets and it looks every bit as good as

a new Bachmann one@£35.00

Edited by 81C
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Pity you could not attend Wycrail Rob the chap Roy Hickman was the doing demo's again he's always worth 1/2 hour of watching 

his creations come together.

You also missed Chrisf showing Mike one of his new "line dance" moves in the middle of the auditorium his hands & arms were flying all

over the place, Chris you should get yourself on one of these TV shows  with Cowell and the totties judging, you never know you might

become popular..  :jester:

Edited by 81C

Pity you could not attend Wycrail Rob the chap Roy Hickman was the doing demo's again he's always worth 1/2 hour of watching 

You also missed Chrisf showing Mike one of his new "line dance" moves in the middle of the auditorium his hands & arms were flying all

over the place, Chris you should get yourself on one of these TV shows  with Cowell and the totties judging, you never know you might

become popular..  :jester:

You also missed Chrisf showing Mike one of his

I thought for a moment you were going to say models.....

Brian

You can go off people ...