A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Hi All,

I wouldn’t know 81C - I haven’t seen it...

The most I can honestly say about it is that, as people coming from a rail heritage background, we tried our hardest to plan and produce the best and most prototypical layout we could within the circumstances, theme, timescales, budgets and rules given and the skill sets available to us within the team and to then showcase those skills as best we could. It’s no different to taking a layout to an exhibition or indeed posting stuff here on RMWEB. Some will like it, some won’t. So be it...

All the best,

Castle

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi All,

I wouldn’t know 81C - I haven’t seen it...

The most I can honestly say about it is that, as people coming from a rail heritage background, we tried our hardest to plan and produce the best and most prototypical layout we could within the circumstances, theme, timescales, budgets and rules given and the skill sets available to us within the team and to then showcase those skills as best we could. It’s no different to taking a layout to an exhibition or indeed posting stuff here on RMWEB. Some will like it, some won’t. So be it...

All the best,

Castle

What point are you trying to make Drew I only pointed out Flint was rubbishing your team.

Yours totally confused  :scratchhead:

Hi 81C,

No point made as as such good sir, other than I wasn't that fussed by what Steve said in his role as judge but that I couldn't really comment having not seen the program. He had a part to play and so did we. He was a really nice guy to all of us to be honest! I hope no confusion or offence was caused mate!.

All the best,

Castle

EDIT: My apologies to Rob for taking his thread WAY off topic!

Edited by Castle

A lined-black County seldom offends...

The shed could very well been on fire with the gas-turbine sitting in it.

Oh yes!

I think I commented several hundred pages ago that that type of County offends me greatly. The other type of ridiculous County that had difficulty staying on the track does not offend me at all.

• Like 1

Hi 6892,

I guess the word seldom was well chosen! They are a bit of a 'Marmite' prototype I guess... Churchward Counties only offended their crews at speed it would seem. Having felt the surging effect of No. 5322 when allowed off the leash a little bit, I can only imagine what the shorter wheelbase 4-4-0 one will feel like in a similar situation.

Oh, and sadly No. 18000 would not have burnt down the shed either - it had a small diesel engine used for shunting maneuvers. Strange thing is that even after building the model I can't see where the coal went... No. 18100 was pure gas turbine however, so would have been first choice for shed immolation.

All the best,

I. Burneazy

• Like 5

I think I commented several hundred pages ago that that type of County offends me greatly. The other type of ridiculous County that had difficulty staying on the track does not offend me at all.

post-21098-0-10972300-1540840418_thumb.jpg

I am certainly not offended. :imsohappy:

Brian.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Hi 6892,

I guess the word seldom was well chosen! They are a bit of a 'Marmite' prototype I guess... Churchward Counties only offended their crews at speed it would seem. Having felt the surging effect of No. 5322 when allowed off the leash a little bit, I can only imagine what the shorter wheelbase 4-4-0 one will feel like in a similar situation.

Oh, and sadly No. 18000 would not have burnt down the shed either - it had a small diesel engine used for shunting maneuvers. Strange thing is that even after building the model I can't see where the coal went... No. 18100 was pure gas turbine however, so would have been first choice for shed immolation.

All the best,

I. Burneazy

In the tender of the Castle pulling it.  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

They say that a pannier never offends and here we see 6417 again. I wouldn't say no to another of these.

I've just had an e-mail from Hattons, you might want to say yes.

Looks like they are overstocked.

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Presumably you refer to the Hawksworth County ......or am I mistaken ?

• RMweb Gold

Have you bought yourself another 14xx in the Hattons sale?

I'll let you choose:

i) I have bought myself an ex-LMS inspection coach in the Hattons sale

ii) I have just dunked a banana in my cup of tea

iii) I have just bought myself the remaining stocks of 14XXs left in the Hattons warehouse and am going to set up a market stall selling them in Newton Abbot

iv) I have just stood waving my wet hands under the paper towel dispenser in the Gentlemen's lavatory in Marks & Spencer

v) I have just seen some Hattons 14XXs being offered as free gifts, if you buy a Greggs pasty (only in the Horrocksford branch, though)

vi) I have just poured some milk into my mug of green tea

vii) I have just converted to 'N' gauge

viii) I have just purchased three LPs by Barry Manilow

ix) I have just written an article for the Illustrated Monthly Gricethusiast, praising the drive mechanism of the Hattons 14XX

x) None of the above

Are you trying to address me in Chinese, or something, dear heart?

The Horrocksford Tia Che Group are just debating whether it could be some sort of art form or just a smoke screen....

Can't I have a Horrocksford Tia Maria instead?

Only if the Group can get a licence to sell liquor otherwise just stick to Green Tea my good man, with a banana of course !