A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Chris - best just 'deny everything'.

The truth is out there.

I have nothing to hide.  Those who do not regularly inhabit Early Risers may not know that I am seeking counselling for various issues including severely depleted confidence.  I hope that it will have the desired effect, which is to restore my modelling capability among other things.

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have nothing to hide.  Those who do not regularly inhabit Early Risers may not know that I am seeking counselling for various issues including severely depleted confidence.  I hope that it will have the desired effect, which is to restore my modelling capability among other things.

Chris

I posted on ER just the once, was told to #### off or similar and so I did! never want to go there again.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I posted on ER just the once, was told to #### off or similar and so I did! never want to go there again.

Phil

Can't blame you for doing that Phil now it is a hot bed of boredom some most days, I've just recovered from a bad belt of medical issues one being poisoned by my meds

and the thread was failing to cheer me up it is seriously lacking in humour of late so it's not the best place to be if your feeling down, most of the members who liked a laugh

have moved on for one reason or another like me but I do post occasionally as the is still a small group of friends posting daily.

• RMweb Premium

Can't blame you for doing that Phil now it is a hot bed of boredom some most days, I've just recovered from a bad belt of medical issues one being poisoned by my meds

and the thread was failing to cheer me up it is seriously lacking in humour of late so it's not the best place to be if your feeling down, most of the members who liked a laugh

have moved on for one reason or another like me but I do post occasionally as the is still a small group of friends posting daily.

Good to have you around mate.

P

• RMweb Gold

Chris

Sorry if you misunderstood my 'X Files'-related comment, Chris. Best of luck with the counselling.

• RMweb Gold

So, all booked for the little trip up north on Wednesday, this morning the car won't start.  No.1 daughter gave me a lift to work (we work at the same place), and have bought Easy Start to spray in the air in take later.

Not a happy bunny... car parking is booked in my car's reg number, so not sure if I can hire a car from home to the airport to leave it there till I get back on Friday. 

Grrr...

On the plus side, the exhibition went really well, lots of visitors with nice comments about TF.

• RMweb Premium

So, all booked for the little trip up north on Wednesday, this morning the car won't start.  No.1 daughter gave me a lift to work (we work at the same place), and have bought Easy Start to spray in the air in take later.

Not a happy bunny... car parking is booked in my car's reg number, so not sure if I can hire a car from home to the airport to leave it there till I get back on Friday. 

Grrr...

On the plus side, the exhibition went really well, lots of visitors with nice comments about TF.

Be sparing with the easy start, once a diesel engine gets a taste for it, it will only start on it, regardless of weather conditions.

• RMweb Gold

Move over Spice Girls - here come the Swindon Boys:

Gerry and Mel:

post-7000-0-24035100-1541449975_thumb.jpg

(Mel the Driver is dancing to Gangnam Style!)

Once the sanity has been restored - here's some I reworked earlier..

6838 Goodmoor Grange

post-7000-0-00886300-1541450158_thumb.jpg

A quartet of Bachmann Collett's (complete with corridor connectors - they all level out once they are connected)

post-7000-0-18297400-1541450218_thumb.jpg

post-7000-0-00800400-1541450278_thumb.jpg

post-7000-0-98431800-1541450397_thumb.jpg

post-7000-0-88378100-1541450442_thumb.jpg

Re-weathered TMC Southern PLV 

post-7000-0-51133400-1541450621_thumb.jpg

And a Loco that's nearly as old as I am!

post-7000-0-14072600-1541450697_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Move over Spice Girls - here come the Swindon Boys:

Gerry and Mel:

attachicon.gifjerryAndmel.jpg

(Mel the Driver is dancing to Gangnam Style!)

Once the sanity has been restored - here's some I reworked earlier..

6838 Goodmoor Grange

attachicon.gif6838_lhfan.jpg

A quartet of Bachmann Collett's (complete with corridor connectors - they all level out once they are connected)

attachicon.gifBCK_rh.jpg

attachicon.gifBTK_lhfan.jpg

attachicon.gifCK_rh.jpg

attachicon.gifTK_lhran.jpg

Re-weathered TMC Southern PLV 

attachicon.gif1061_rhran.jpg

And a Loco that's nearly as old as I am!

attachicon.gif5322_inWorks.jpg

Nice work, here's a bit more Rock N' Roll at 1.05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGWSFKioC1E

I do like a Mogul

G

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I've been asked to do a side by side comparison of the Hatton's Andrew Barclay and the Hornby W4 Peckett tanks and I'm happy to oblige here. Seen on shed at Tigley with 6417 also present.

post-126-0-79406400-1541516893_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-44877100-1541516911_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-33535700-1541516926_thumb.jpg

• Like 16