A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

That's what is worrisome; is there anything really left to tell about railways.  I'm looking for a Christmas book for myself; railways in the SW preferably, and while there used to be a ton of it, now nothing new -  zilch!

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Can there be anything more to write about the Kings that has not been covered already by Nock, Peto et al?

Mike Wiltshire

Agree Mike but if you haven't either of those like me these by Sixsmith & co are excellent reference books. 

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Premium

Before the war and I have a pic somewhere but it could take ages to find; sorry.

P

Searched all afternoon but I just can't remember where I have it. Even tried web search where there are some interesting pics of Devonport, but no Nelson. However Rob I am sorry to say it was pre 2nd War.

• RMweb Gold

That's what is worrisome; is there anything really left to tell about railways.  I'm looking for a Christmas book for myself; railways in the SW preferably, and while there used to be a ton of it, now nothing new -  zilch!

Brian

If you look away from the tracks, there's still a lot to tell I think. The brand new volume on GWR Goods Cartage is currently winging its way in my direction: http://www.crecy.co.uk/gwr-goods-cartage-volume-1

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

If you look away from the tracks, there's still a lot to tell I think. The brand new volume on GWR Goods Cartage is currently winging its way in my direction: http://www.crecy.co.uk/gwr-goods-cartage-volume-1

An absolute perfect book for yourself as I had a look at it last weekend. Enjoy Mikkel.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Nice signals. The gent in the four-foot, what would he be doing?

About three miles an hour until the rails started to to sing..............

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A heads up from Irwell Press on the new release of The Book of the Kings by John Jennison.

https://www.irwellpress.com/acatalog/GREAT_WESTERN_RAILWAY.html#a875

The book is now sitting on the shelf behind me, I had to visit the train shop to take the Bachmann Baldwin back the thing went poof this morning I was totally buqqered up a creek without a paddle with no loco 

for the little train set Paul the man in the store loaned me a little pannier so I have something to test the new track going down (oops that's rude too) being laid (so is that, I can't win)  :O

Pawnie Graffick

• RMweb Premium

Apparently drilling into the top of your finger isn't quite the same as metal !

B.Loodydigit

As a nurse who worked on a hand injury ward I have no sympathy for you. You are just another silly blighter who didn't take care in what he was doing. Don't suck it. wash it. Put a plaster on it. When it starts to smell and all sorts of yellowy green stuff leaks out from under the plaster go and give your GP something real to doctor.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The book is now sitting on the shelf behind me, I had to visit the train shop to take the Bachmann Baldwin back the thing went poof this morning I was totally buqqered up a creek without a paddle with no loco 

for the little train set Paul the man in the store loaned me a little pannier so I have something to test the new track going down (oops that's rude too) being laid (so is that, I can't win)  :O

Pawnie Graffick

My copy was ordered this evening, in between weathering another batch of Collett Coaches...

As a nurse who worked on a hand injury ward I have no sympathy for you. You are just another silly blighter who didn't take care in what he was doing. Don't suck it. wash it. Put a plaster on it. When it starts to smell and all sorts of yellowy green stuff leaks out from under the plaster go and give your GP something real to doctor.

Sound advice mate, I'd already done that with a little help from my Finger buddy !   :butcher:  :sarcastichand:

post-20303-0-89281800-1543966067_thumb.jpg

At least I didn't get the red stuff on my primer that I sprayed earlier.... bonus !

post-20303-0-49140400-1543966080_thumb.jpg

G

• Like 10