A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

"That was a Southern Spamcan ! What's going on?"

"Don't worry my friend that train was the 2.15pm North Road to St.Davids - the Southern chaps are just keeping up their route knowledge"

"Won't Rob be disappointed to have missed it"

"Somehow I don't think so............"

OK so this is a GWR layout, but what an excuse to run Spams, Ns and T9s. However Spams would be pushing the time machine (but not like a 9F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)  

Quack

• RMweb Gold

OK so this is a GWR layout, but what an excuse to run Spams, Ns and T9s. However Spams would be pushing the time machine (but not like a 9F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)  

Quack

The ONLY way they will run on Brent is if a lucky visitor happens to have them with him at the time of visit.Unless I organise a members day of course. :O :o :O

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The ONLY way they will run on Brent is if a lucky visitor happens to have them with him at the time of visit.Unless I organise a members day of course. :O :o :O

Now that is a coincidence. In my boxes of stuff I just happen to have...................;includes rolling stock too.

Member's day in the wilds of Warwickshire must be on due to the proximity of BCBlues - go on Rob, you know it must happen!

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've been away for just over a week and it has taken an age to catch up with all the action from Brent!! - Obviously, I particularly enjoy the centenary carriages.

I also agree that the B & W 'photos add something to the scene.

Then with regard to the spotters - I bet they are waiting for a King on the down!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Don't let anyone talk you into running things with SR on the side none of them could pull a train up Brent Bank :jester:

81C

1948 loco exchanges? Think they did ok!

35023, 20/09/1958 - Plymouth North Road to Exeter St David's arrived 4mins 40secs early despite the odd PW slack and 66mph on the Brent section.

I thank you!!!

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for everyones positive input and 'likes'.There will be no photos tonight as I'm off out gigging in Brum.I'm seeing a band I first saw live in 1981 at the Odeon.Happy days. :no:

So you're out tonight then Rob, leaving the layout undefended from Southern 'correctional forces'.... :angel:

OMD??

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Still no luck getting a King? you know you need one!. 

Don't let anyone talk you into running things with SR on the side none of them could pull a train up Brent Bank :jester:

81C

Where is Brent bank then? Is it the Nat West or Lloyds

Quack

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Don't forget there was also an alien invasion with those LM Pacifics in the mid 50s when the Kings had a problem (see the Plymouth Steam 1954 - 1963 by Ian H lane and Steam Around Plymouth by Bernard Mills - Ian.... was at school with me but a couple of years above I believe)

Then there was the LNER getting in on the act even earlier in 48 and wasn't there also a LMS Royal Scot then as well? 

Rob, look into my eyes (ignore the beak)  and repeat after me..." I really do want to have foreign loco's, I really do want to have foreign loco's (etc. ad infinitum......)

Oh, I forgot the USAs during the war..........then there were the 'secret' overnight workings before D day; oh yes, so many excuses.............. :rtfm:  :superstition:

Quack

Edit to re state author of Steam Around Plymouth ....again.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Don't forget there was also an alien invasion with those LM Pacifics in the mid 50s when the Kings had a problem (see the Steam Around Plymouth by Maurice the Dart).

Then there was the LNER getting in on the act even earlier in 48 and wasn't there also a LMS Royal Scot then as well? 

Rob, look into my eyes (ignore the beak)  and repeat after me..." I really do want to have foreign loco's, I really do want to have foreign loco's (etc. ad infinitum......)

Oh, I forgot the USAs during the war..........then there were the 'secret' overnight workings before D day; oh yes, so many excuses.............. :rtfm:  :superstition:

Quack

Of course you are quite correct in everything you say BUT there's nothing better than GWR or Western stock for that matter to run through Brent.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

So you're out tonight then Rob, leaving the layout undefended from Southern 'correctional forces'.... :angel:

OMD??

No I left it with Joan of Arc [Maid of Orleans] :no:

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

As some on here with a Southern inkling,mentioning no names are trying to get their stock through Brent . I thought I'd turn the tables and show 1368 again,sorry, before she was seen in service for them lot at Wadebridge.

post-126-0-34395700-1367342375_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-64316900-1367342401_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-61799200-1367342419_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-65568400-1367342469_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

As some on here with a Southern inkling,mentioning no names are trying to get their stock through Brent . I thought I'd turn the tables and show 1368 again,sorry, before she was seen in service for them lot at Wadebridge.

Who could you mean? Jesting aside, I do like the 1368. Obviously not as special as a Beattie Well Tank. One will be on the long term list for my 7mm layout.... Keep the photos coming, they're great.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

More black and white conversions of previous offerings.Sorry if I'm repeating myself.Sorry if I'm repeating myself.One of The Stationmasters Bachmann SECR beauty too. ;)

post-126-0-09913200-1367345436_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-03736700-1367345450_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-83119100-1367345461_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-39380000-1367345478_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

No, they had their load plus gave some big GW 4-6-0 lump and its train a push too.... :locomotive:

Thats nothing, during the special run when the G W S took there stock from Totnes to Didcot all those years ago the driver on "Ashbucket Agnes" (6998) shut off the power and 1466 was doing all of the work - and a lot of swearing - when the train topped Hemerdon!

Wally

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ok here goes head over the parapet time. ;) Ex SR rebuilt Merchant Navy class 35023 'Holland-Afrika Line' trundles through Brent on a Plymouth bound oil tank train . :O

Sorry I missed the engine.It was too quick for my lens. :no:

post-126-0-83838500-1367351391_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Ok here goes head over the parapet time. ;) Ex SR rebuilt Merchant Navy class 35023 'Holland-Afrika Line' trundles through Brent on a Plymouth bound oil tank train . :O

Sorry I missed the engine.It was too quick for my lens. :no:

So quick that you caught the following freight rather than the MN with 16 on!

(Mind you the MN and WC/BoB locos were mixed traffic....)

• Like 2