A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

STOP PRESS> South Hams Gazette.

Long serving GWR fitter of Tigley Junction shed,Tommy Traddles has handed his notice in..............

Apparently he's being bullied at work.......

More on this soon.

I'm sure that Rob has suitable defences in place to guard against incursions.

Yes, mainly by making sure that there is never any  spare coaching stock for a Spam Can to work the Exeter-Plymouth route knowledge trips :jester:

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Long serving GWR fitter of Tigley Junction shed,Tommy Traddles has handed his notice in..............

More on this soon.

Could have been worse, he might have been Gresley

• RMweb Premium

Ah, a cross between a Weeping Angel and a Sontaran - very appropriate - one used to see 'em in Brent all the time before Beeching...

Weeping Angels - wouldn't like to meet one on a dark night without a sofa to hide behind.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

More on this soon.

He doesn't look that happy...

post-6675-0-55140500-1408538253.jpg

Probably needs a holiday to the North Cornwall Coast to get some sunshine in his life.

• Like 2

More on this soon.

Poor old Tommy, having to maintain Bulleid's bonkers and rapidly wearing chain-driven valve gear would drive any right-minded GWR fitter to resignation.

Perhaps somebody should tell Tommy that the Spam Cans are only staying at Tigley Junction Shed until after this week-end's "Tigley Junction Shed Open Day", then they're going back to Exmouth Junction.......aren't they?......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm getting confused by all the changing avatars - even Colin is at it now. We have a captain that's a duck, a Fox with a duck in its mouth and a duck that was a pirate but is now just confused. Is it me?

• RMweb Gold

I'm getting confused by all the changing avatars - even Colin is at it now. We have a captain that's a duck, a Fox with a duck in its mouth and a duck that was a pirate but is now just confused. Is it me?

No - but Colin's new missus looks a right handful ;)  (well surely she wouldn't let him use pics of other, hmm, ladies, as his avatar?)

• RMweb Gold

Well as can be gathered I spent the evening in the company of 2Manyspams [Chris] and gave him the free reign of ANTB.I hope you enjoy the results as much as I enjoyed his friendly,inspirational,helpful company.

All the rolling stock shewn here is used on Treneglos.All detailed to a high standard .Enjoy.

post-126-0-18205500-1408557685_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Poor Tommy, he didn't understand the North Cornwall dialect. Such a fuss over nothing, but it looks like the Southern fireman is still slightly disgruntled and holding a grudge...well OK, a sledge hammer...

post-6675-0-79141400-1408560632_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

We start with a very nice black T9 30709 built by Geoff Cook from the Finney kit.What a beautiful job he's done and it runs sweetly too.

Here it is on a parcels.

post-126-0-81338400-1408561042_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-89284700-1408561064_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-87585700-1408561075_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-45712400-1408561089_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-50806200-1408561105_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-61951100-1408561124_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-64946100-1408561138_thumb.jpg

• Like 9