A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Hey Robin, looks like fun and proper locos, are you converted yet, have you seen the light, do we need to scan the Classifieds for Ex GWR Stock for sale? hahahahh

Bodge.

Not at all but it was nice to share my layout with someone with different tastes.A very enjoyable evening and he'll be back soon.He assured me. ;)

A couple of T9s on shed.

post-126-0-25283000-1408644862_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-25136500-1408644877_thumb.jpg

31409 waites in the bay platform.

post-126-0-06760600-1408644907_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Will Sunday be a better day to meet the Finchings?

Minnie and Flora will be in the V.I.P lounge sipping cocktails on both days.I'm sure I could arrange a meet for followers of this thread/madness. :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A final few of this N class although there is another coming shortly.Don't groan,embrace.

I'm not groaning, I can relate to what you're doing here. It's like when I have some really dirty work in the garden, I put on some useless old pants that I would never wear in public  :smoke:

• RMweb Gold

PS: That was a joke. The N class and the T9s are some of my favourite SR locos and look superb on your layout - as everything does (except maybe Merchant Navys!). 

• RMweb Gold

PS: That was a joke. The N class and the T9s are some of my favourite SR locos and look superb on your layout - as everything does (except maybe Merchant Navys!).

Of course what would look superb is some Edwardian stock.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This is what happens when DJH 4mm met Agenoria 7mm.1368.The castings are lost wax in the kit and look beautiful.Chris promised to return the favour and let me shunt on Pencarrow. :imsohappy:

post-126-0-50652100-1408648059_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-67692600-1408648078_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

The Misses Finching seem totally perplexed by the sudden influx of outlandish rolling stock, and can be seen frantically consulting their Ian Allen compendium to identify these interlopers. their questions are ... "what are they trying to hide behind all that sheet steel casing?" and  ..."what are those funny white discs for?"

post-126-0-29217800-1408641001_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Inferior locomotives like those meat can things should have been cut up and used to make sewing machines. :butcher:

Could have been worse I suppose. ....The Southern could have employed Flash Gordon as CME. ..I mean look what happened when he popped into Swindon....Mmmmmmm nice

Rob

post-14122-0-35282800-1408650611.jpeg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

.Chris promised to return the favour and let me shunt on Pencarrow. :imsohappy:

I couldn't wait to get my bloater out for a dry run whilst he had his 1368 on shew. ;)

post-126-0-08281900-1408652124_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-58071000-1408652138_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-22686700-1408652154_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Minnie and Flora will be in the V.I.P lounge sipping cocktails on both days.I'm sure I could arrange a meet for followers of this thread/madness. :jester:

Well I've just been finishing my identity badge for the Ricoh. I'm not sure it will fit Coombe Barton's download (which doesn't seem to be working anyway), so I may wear it round my neck as a (bigger) placard of shame.

post-9751-0-91985400-1408653701.jpg

Look out for the keen-to-learn young Rhino, who will be bringing a fresh African bar snack for the Finchings to enjoy with their cocktails.

Just got to decide between the scenic M69 and the more direct Gaza Bed'uth (Bedworth) by-pass a.k.a the A444 now.

• Like 1

My word! I go for a day without checking into Brent and after seeing all of those photo's I think I need checking into somewhere else!

"Oh nurse. Please can I have a room that's not too far from the man who thinks he's a duck, that thinks it's a pirate?

Well, all these cushions on the walls look very lovely. And what's this a new jacket?

Thank you very much for doing up all the buckles. I don't think I could have reached the last few by myself"

• RMweb Premium

If I appear at The Rickyrock I shall not need a badge as I shall be wearing my new suit that is designed to contain multiple personality situations

post-2326-0-59119300-1408695144.jpg and is quite easily recognised. Don't think I'll bother with the stereotype hat though

SWMBO makes me wear this to railway shows and anywhere near a decent model shop so I can't reach the dosh bags.

So, excuse me if I don't buy a 'round' (nowt different there I hear you cry) but do be kind and whisper quietly about how smooth the air is around unrebuilt Pacifics.

Yeyhah

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Regular followers of this thread will be glad to hear that normal services will return over the bank holiday weekend.5011 anyone ?

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Ah, back on stream as they say in hairnet cafes and mess rooms....

I have had information that needs sharing. Beware of this man if you meet him at the RMWeb show thingy at Richrock

post-2326-0-04035100-1408712325.jpg

Seemingly he may sidle up to you and offer you quite a lot of money for your GWR stock.

Q

I'm now waiting for the front door to be smashed in and some blokes in bally cleavers to rush up stairs and eliminate me. Either that or a cruise missile will enter the loft....... :scared: 

Edited by Mallard60022

Very decent of 2ManySpams to send an inspector all the way from Treneglos to make sure those Southern crews behaved themselves on ANTB:

post-9751-0-14416100-1408714076.jpg

Generally the midweek course of "Southern Medicine" is reported to have gone down well with GWR fans with only isolated reports of adverse reactions:

post-9751-0-87421400-1408722612.jpg

Edited by cary hill