A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Right.

You've probably heard of a Military Coup:

post-7025-0-67104400-1427461050.gif

You've possibly all heard of Ind Coope :

post-7025-0-27599300-1427461050.gif

You must have heard of a dove coot :

post-7025-0-51481200-1427461049.gif

But have you ever heard of a Duck coot ?  No ?  Thought not.

Well, from some behind-the-scenes shenanigans, I found myself making said building for our erstwhile Mallard of this homely parish.

Except this is what he wanted...

post-7025-0-87036100-1427461049.jpg

Some SR concrete shed on a platform somewhere in t'other county.

So, I duly obliged...

post-7025-0-00010800-1427461051.jpg

post-7025-0-30972400-1427461051.jpg

This has been dispatched by fast pony from the south-west to 36E and apparently has safely arrived.  No doubt #4468 will be on soon complaining Ms A was not included in the package... 

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Lovely modelling Stubbers. Nice of you to add some pond weed to the sides for Ducky to nibble on if he gets peckish.

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

JA can come and nibble my hut anytime she wants.......post-2326-0-61310900-1427467713.jpg

Now then, this Coop is one miracle of construction. What Stubbs is too modest to say is that he can do this sort of thing in his sleep. It is just brilliant and so much better than I could have done (and it would have taken me about two years to finish it).

I am so pleased that, despite offensive comments re some wire and posts, Stubbs decided that a little piece of Kernow will be forever in East Devon at some time soon (......soon.....ummmmmm!)

Anyhow, seriously for a change, I can't thank Stubbs enough for providing this inspiration.

I'd encourage readers to study Stubby's Signature info. Well worth a browse.

Cheers all and now off to rub my beak against the  post-2326-0-34056600-1427468248.jpg

....sorry the well proportioned Exmouth Junction Concrete Works sectional side(s).

Flappipty flap.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well, from some behind-the-scenes shenanigans, I found myself making said building for our erstwhile Mallard of this homely parish.

Has he ended up deformed as a result?

I heard he got a big bill   :jester:

• RMweb Gold

I won't be there Colin but give my regards to Graham Muz who's shewing Fisherton there.Enjoy.

I will certainly try. I had a good chat to him about his ballast train at a previous outing, before I knew he was on here. Very nice helpful chap. He also has Simon Paley (St Simon) helping him. For thise who didn't follow Simon's apprenticeship updates on here he sounds like a jolly impressive youn man.

Edit to say bedtime soon for me, it's a very early start in the morning to get there for 930

Edited by colin penfold

• RMweb Gold

The van and Jenny's dress almost match - any connection?

Brian.

Both contain a bird....

Collects coat on way out....

Rob ( circa 1975 )

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is that a request for an Evening Star photoshoot ?

Only if you give the loco to me afterwards as I need one of those as well (1964 Special through SJ).

Anyone want to see my little tanky?

P

Edited by Mallard60022