A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Have you got any Diesels Mr ?

Dammit Sir!!! I have booked Grayson, the school bully to attend at your home address to administer a damn good flogging.

At your convenience, Sir.

Good day.

• RMweb Gold

Dear sir,

I would like to enquire as to the origin of the letter E on the rear of your carriage. Does that not indicate that the vehicle in question is from the Eastern Section of the Southern Railway, when in fact a set originating from the Western Section would be more likely at your location?

Yours Sincerely

Mr N Picker

:nono:

Edited by colin penfold

• RMweb Gold

Dear sir,

I would like to enquire as to the origin of the letter E on the rear of your carriage. Does that not indicate that the vehicle in question is from the Eastern Section of the Southern Railway, when in fact a set originating from the Western Section would be more likely at your location?

Yours Sincerely

Mr N Picker

:nono:

Dear Mr Nit Picker

I have it on good authority that my train is ok as a typical four coach west of Exeter job.Any problem with that voice you concerns with the management.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Grayson, School bully.

Recent photo taken when he chanced upon a diesel (63xx) instead of a small prairie at the head of the early morning Shallowford branch passenger.

A strongly worded letter of complaint brought forth a letter of apology and an invite to the Swindon drawing office to thrash the office junior.

Rob

post-14122-0-66864100-1426965311.gif

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I do like green engines, especially Brunswick Green, nicely lined out in orange & black lining and a British Railways crest on the side of the pannier tank.

Or a nice clean black engine, also with a British Railways crest on the side of the pannier tank.

The black Southern loco is also very agreeable, although would look a bit different if the word 'Southern' was replaced with a British Railways crest on the pannier tanks.

Nice weathering on the green coaches. A black unlined pannier tank with a British Railways crest on the pannier tanks and Southern Region lamp irons wouldn't look out of place, either.

Such a train may be conveying Hamilton Academical supporters on their annual holidays to watch Plymouth Argyle at home, followed by a genteel stroll down Union Street.

• Like 1

What's with all this British Railways Brunswick green!   Every body knows they used it because it looked so good on GW engines so they copied it to make all the red and blue engines look better!  The other green engines looked good anyway.  Pity there wasn't anything to make Argyle look good! :boast:

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Haverfordwest.

There's more in it than most people realise.

On the whole.......no.

However, the Tesco store does a reasonable breakfast, served by a young lady who took a pride in the freshness of her baps......To be fair, said baps did a nice job of cushioning my sausage...

Rob

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The porter Mike Roper is working hard as 1848 arrives at Brent.

I thought you modelled 1947  :spiteful:

Seriously though, I'm totally with you on this Southern element, Rob, such nice stock and loco and they suit the layout well. What's the next big project on the layout, or do youj consider it more or less done?

• RMweb Gold

The plan is to finish the station with a down building and footbridge. Then hopefully I can persuade Andy Y to photograph it for BRM.Still lots of stock needed too.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

The plan is to finish the station with a down building and footbridge. Then hopefully I can persuade Andy Y to photograph it for BRM.Still lots of stock needed too.

Let us know if you need some support to "convince" him. We'll make him an offer he can't refuse. I have access to horse parts.

• RMweb Gold

I have access to horse parts .........

What in the name if all that is just and good will said parts be used for......

Edited by nhy581

• RMweb Gold

Robin,

I notice you use tension lock couplings for the wagon stock - how do you uncouple them ?

Stu

Stu.When you're in love with a beautiful woman, it's hard....

post-126-0-06733800-1427023754_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob